• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Reefs2Go Feedback

acbaldwin is offline Registered User
      My status is: butt stuff

I am:
      Enraged

Reefs2Go Feedback

I've ordered from these guys three times, each time I ordered just macroalgae.
      The first was positive, with one DOA (out of $80 of stuff) so I didn't bother telling them.

Second time, I only wanted *one* five dollar item, but wanted to make the $20 shipping worth it so I added some filler. For the item I wanted, they *shipped* it DOA - meaning every single leaf was not on the plant nor in the bag when it arrived. Just dead stalks.
      One of the 'filler' items was DOA, and the other 'filler' item was the wrong thing *and* DOA. They told me they made a substitution since they were out of what I ordered. (I've heard of them doing this before).

So I received my $20 gift card (they don't refund the other $20 in shipping), and ordered the items again. This time their site was broken, so I put the gift card in the comments (along with 'PLEASE don't make any substitutions, and please don't ship in styrofoam'. I know they read the comments, because they used my gift card balance.
      Well the order just arrived, and four of my five items were okay, but for the fifth item they made the *same* substitution and it was DOA again. Not worth paying another $20 in shipping to redeem my remaining gift card balance, so I'll just call it a (very minor) loss.

Just thought I'd share my experience for those of you who might actually spend *real* money with them.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

It's a hit or miss with them I figure if you're going to spend big bucks try to find a LFS willing to cut you a deal or a member which we all stay turn to you Andrew for the packs. So you go to r2r I go to you for a.o.p (alive. .on..pickup) rather than doa. And loss of funds.

hyemp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

I've had nothing but bad experience with them, would never buy from them again.

seanmcknew is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-2-go-feedback I started this one a while ago. I have called it a complete loss they offered a store credit but I refuse to pay shipping again. I can't believe with all these bad reviews/unhappy customers (a lot on here they still post on here)

cHRoNzZe is offline Registered User
      My status is: NeVeR $$oBeR

I am:
      Sneaky

Weak sauce bro...

crabbysd is offline Registered User
      My status is: Damp to the armpit

I am:
      Geeky

Mrs. Crabbysd here. I've been working towards a planted marine tank and ordered the nano macro pack (1 tea cup, 1 fern codium, 1 shaving brush) from them 2 weeks ago when they had it on free shipping special. The order arrived quickly, but my teacups arrived with every stalk broken off near the base, and amphipod/copepod mix was in rough shape, so yes their packaging could be better. They did handle the DOA credit quickly but I wish they had said how much the 'refund' credit was for in the email rather than making me go hunting for it on the website.

The fern codium and shaving brush were in very good shape, the shaving brush is growing well and I assume the codium would be too if something in the refugium hadn't eaten it. The teacups are recovering, I left the frag plug in the tank and had new growth within 3 days.

I'm not sure if we will order from them again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information