• + Reply to Thread

Thread: kz rev s hook up issues

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

kz rev s hook up issues

So I'm having issues here.
      Trying to get this hooked up and not sure what the deal is. There is only one way the pump can hook, intake on bottom return on top.
      The pump is an aquabee3000. I place the skimmer in the sump and turn it on and the water level will not raise in the skimmer cone. I have checked all the air lines, taken the pump apart and put back together, reassembled skimmer and tried over and over, not doing what it's supposed to.
      Here is a pic, can anyone confirm if I have this thing hooked up correctly, please

I am:
      Piratey

Oops more info, skimmer is in 9.5" of water, gate fully opened and tried all the way shut as well as half way.

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

I think that the gate valve is used to adjust the water level. Close it to restrict outflow and the level inside should rise. Also, the water depth in your sump is supposed to be a certain level on the skimmer in order for the skimmer to function properly. And last, if it is brand new, set it up and let it run awhile before you try and adjust it or fine tune it. It may run for awhile before it kicks in and stabilizes. I have a similar skimmer I just re-set up and it took a day or two to get it properly adjusted. Good luck, and I hope this is helpful.

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

I am not familiar with this brand of skimmer but, it looks like it's a recirculating skimmer. Does it need a feed pump?

I am:
      Piratey

I have gotten the level to rise is the skimmer cone by shutting the gate valve completely but by doing so, it eliminated any bubbles. If I open the gate valve all the way water level in the cone drops to an 1" above the bottom lip and bubbling returns, but a very weird Blub Blub bubble..
      The skimmer is new so maybe it just needs a few days running to break in. It just looks weird to me after seeing the type of bubble it produces on a few you tube videos. Of course no shots of the way they have the pump set up so I can confirm things are hooked up correctly .

Funkateer_1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Remove the recirc attachment and it should start working perfectly. IMO, the recirc is pointless and I capped off the small black bulkhead. You can kinda see in the bottom of this picture.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information