• + Reply to Thread

Thread: Dan really went out on a limb to help me

Hybrid View

jbvdhp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dan really went out on a limb to help me

Hey guys, I just wanna say Dan took care of me when some of the anthias I bought weren't eating right when I got them home. Dan was nice enough to let me bring them back for an exchange, without hesitation. He was very polite, understanding, and professional.

Thanks for a great experience Dan, you're awesome!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

momrocks999 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

If your talking about the always awesome Dan of Shipwreck Cove he is great! He went out of his way for me when I was trying to find new lighting for my cube tank. Great store and an awesome dude

Shipwreck Cove is offline Registered
      My status is: awesome

I am:
      Awesome

Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck Cove View Post
      Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back
      No problem Dan.

I want to clarify what i said for the forum: it may read that I got the anthias home, they weren't eating right away, then I brought them back the next day. No, Dan let me keep them for several days to try to get them to eat, and when I couldn't, i informed him and he was cool with letting me come back.

Anthias are a tough species in general, best left to the pros, and I am glad I tried my luck with Dan. Thanks again, he won't disappoint you.

Sent using your IP address

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

If you can get fresh roe from anyone you know that fishes they usually cannot resist that. I keep the roe every time I clean a fish and feed it to my my tank, fattens them up fast, especially the anthias that tend to have small mouths and be picky, the corals love it too. Plus it's free as most people toss it anyway with the guts unfortunately I doubt there are many fish with roe being caught locally but one of the Asian grocers may have some, make sure its has not salted or preserved if you end up at a store.

Dan is one of the best one selection too, great stuff, wish he was a bit south though. Perhaps that he is a bit away is good for my wallet. He had that jelly bean chaly I was eyeing.
      Last edited by knightnsd; 01-27-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Shipwreck Cove is offline Registered
      My status is: awesome

I am:
      Awesome

That's not a bad idea these fish where eating at my store for a few weeks before jbv purchased them. I think they just had a rough trip home which I notice can happen quick with some anthias. He ran the course with all foods from brine,mysis,pods they just would respond to anything he tried. I have always hated when this happened to me as a hobbyist and I believe there are times when one deserves a refund even if the fish in question does not have a warranty. I was and am always glad to do what I can she the situation calls for it

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck Cove View Post
      That's not a bad idea these fish where eating at my store for a few weeks before jbv purchased them. I think they just had a rough trip home which I notice can happen quick with some anthias. He ran the course with all foods from brine,mysis,pods they just would respond to anything he tried. I have always hated when this happened to me as a hobbyist and I believe there are times when one deserves a refund even if the fish in question does not have a warranty. I was and am always glad to do what I can she the situation calls for it
      Anthias are beautiful reef fish, I've had luck with lyretails, but these resplendents were tough. I didn't want to mention that I contacted Dan past "warranty" period for fear of people taking advantage of it and saying... Well you helped him out, why not me? I tried ALL foods: cyclops, roe, PE, regular mysis... Nothing worked.

The anthias aren't in question, it's how Dan honored his word after the fact! Dan is a man of business ethics, and in these times, that's what makes for great rapport and reputation.

Again, thanks Dan, and people shouldn't fear buying livestock from you!!!

What people need to know is you have beautiful, difficult to keep fish, especially those leopard wrasses. I hope people know what they're getting into when they buy fish from you: do your homework guys! Dan stocks great fish, but you should know their habits and how to care for them.

Support local businesses, and Dan is one who many of us should support!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dreamkeeper is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Dan is great, He will help you any way he can, and give you honest advice.

reefer38 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Chillin

I am:
      Geeky

Dan has never let me down.

Dani is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dan is one of the good guys in this craft.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information