• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: ASD End of the Year SALE - 12/28/14 SUNDAY!

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by d-man View Post
      DONT WAS TE YOUR TIME!!!
      Was just in the store ready to spend a good chunk on these sale zoas, pakys, acans.
      They have no idea what is what. I talked with 1 employee, who went up to Will and spoke with him. They had no idea where the sale items were since the guy who posts these sales was not in any more. Needless to say I walked out without spending a dime, and will not anymore. Wil used to run a good business, but this has been the second time I've had an issue with them.
      What is the point of having a sale when you can't even keep track so other employees and the owner can figure it ou t. Just bad business!
      Let me get this straight. I assume you are in the shop while will and nick are running a live sale of 600 corals on at least 3 sites. And you expect the staff to locate whichever of the 600 corals you are interested in?

I don't think anyone but will and nick know exactly which frags these are. It takes them A lot of time to sort out the shipments I'm sure. Every time I've been there to pick up will has to assist in identifying the appropriate frags. Sorry you felt the need to vent your frustration of not getting the level of service you expected during the live sale but not sure posting your negative feedback in the thread is the place to do it.

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Let’s the bridges you
      burn light your path

I am:
      Geeky

^^^+1

d-man is offline Registered User
      My status is: Just snorkeling in my tank

I am:
      Amused

Just don't bother going in there for it. It is their sale, they have the responsibility to be able to handle it. That's just good business. You don't have multiple sales if one cant handle it. 1 sale at a time then. All I'm saying, not venting my frustration( I did that in the store) is its a waste to go down there when they can't figure out what corals are what given this sale, unless the poster is there.
      One of the employees even told me that he can't help me cuz he wasn't the poster, and that I need to come back when he was there.

cyn is offline Registered User
      My status is: accidental hobbyist.

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by d-man View Post
      Just don't bother going in there for it. It is their sale, they have the responsibility to be able to handle it. That's just good business. You don't have multiple sales if one cant handle it. 1 sale at a time then. All I'm saying, not venting my frustration( I did that in the store) is its a waste to go down there when they can't figure out what corals are what given this sale, unless the poster is there.
      One of the employees even told me that he can't help me cuz he wasn't the poster, and that I need to come back when he was there.
      sorry about that, dude.

it's an online sale for a reason though. they aren't expecting
      walk ins at all for these sale items. people are replying from
      all over the US for specific items. so they wouldn't be able to
      sell anything to you anyway, because someone from ohio might
      have already gotten dibs on it via email.

pretty much like naso tang said.

i get impatient too, but their sales are great, and i've never
      had a problem picking up the week following. i just email what
      i'd like per ASD and hope i get the item! will responds fairly
      quickly, too.
      Last edited by cyn; 12-28-2014 at 08:58 PM.

nanobrad is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I always pick up on Tuesday or Wednesday as the sale says. It's not as busy and they are ready and expecting locals.

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: Out of the tank-Fragophilic

I am:
      Happy

Their Instructions:

"We will list all corals and frag packs in this thread. To order, simply email the item number, description and price to: aquasandiego@gmail.com. You can email it one at a time, or compile your order and email it all at once. Once you have finished ordering, let us know, we will then send you a breakdown with payment instructions and shipping information."

Nothing in there about same day pick-up, I suspect that they have a few items and orders to sort out in the next few hours & days.

Sometimes one has to wait to score a great deal, and I agree that
      waiting,......

is not my strong suit either.

I'm glad I wasn't at the store to see the celebration.

AquaSD is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Sorry that this has caused you to be upset D-man. We occasionally have local walk in sales (like our black friday 30% off in store sale we did recently). However, these sales where we list 600 items at once are online only. The first post had instructions on how to order. Regarding your post on how we were running "multiple sales", that's not the case, we were running our online sale only. We did not mention anything regarding a local walk in sale.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I hope that this doesn't cause you to not shop with us anymore, as we have a lot of nice corals to offer at great prices. Please swing by again so we can talk about it.

Thank you.
      Aqua SD
      Will

I am:
      Amused

On the 1st page it didn't say anything about not walking in to pick up though, so I figured id go see it under normal lighting and buy what I liked.
      After I left and had the issue then it stated local pick ups on tues...etc. just a lil bummed that I couldn't get it then when it said nothing about local pick ups needing to wait. That is all.

Yes, Will, I have recommended your shop on this forum, to clients and other websites as well. It is the best high end shop in town. I was just a lil peeved that I couldn't be helped when I drove from eastlake to score some great deals an hr after sale time started. Now its a day later and I've missed out. I most likely will be there again at some point, was just aggravated bcuz of drive time spent, gas and come home with nothing.

And it was the employee helping me who stated that you guys were running multiple sales via internet. That's why I stated that.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

There is no time limit to this sale, so you can still take advantage of it. Email me your wishlist: aquasandiego@gmail.com. We get orders days (even weeks) after the sale has ended, and usually we have more of what the buyer is looking for.

Next trip, please remind me and I'll take extra care of you.

Sorry again on the misunderstanding. I will make sure to put a note in our next sale that these are strictly online only, that there is no way to order unless done through email.

I will ask my employee on why he said there were multiple sales happening tomorrow when I see him.

Thank you for your post.
      Aqua SD

I am:
      Amused

Thanks guys

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

People can start swinging by today for pick ups.

We will be closed 12/31 (weds) and 1/1 (thurs).

Will resume regular business hours starting 1/2 (fri)

Happy New Year!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information