• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: RO/DI system question

PD Monkey is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

RO/DI system question

I'm researching the different RO/DI systems. I want something I can make drinking water from too. Why not get a 2 for 1? Has anyone used the BRS 6 Stage Drinking & Reef RO/DI System - 75GPD? It seems to be a clean/easy way to make drinking water and RO/DI.

Is anyone else trying to do both? What are you using? I'm totally new at this, am I over looking something? Is there a better way?

I do see a few draw backs of the BRS 6 Stage Drinking & Reef RO/DI System - 75GPD. One is I have granite counters. I would have to remove the soap dispenser to put the faucet. This would take up space under the sink, which isn't really a problem. There isn't a bunch of room to put a RO/DI container. I'm guessing I would have to make 5 gallons at a time. I don't like the waste water going into the drain. Wasteful. I do have a pond right outside my kitchen. I could run the waste water to the pond.

There are also a few deals on Ebay. But I don't know much on RODI systems so I'm afraid to buy something because it cheaper, only to find out I have to buy a bunch of parts to make it work. This always seems to bite me in the butt.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

BRS makes good units, that will be fine and it should come w/ a bypass so you get RO for drinking, DI for tank.
      Ponds, lawns, gardens, good for waste water.
      Spectrapure is another great choice.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information