Hey everyone. I have finally come to the conclusion that some of the issues I am having in my tank is due to size skimmer I am running. The BM Curve 7 is rated up to 240 gallons and I am running it in a 50 cube with 60 gallons of total water volume. It is quiet and works perfectly. I think I need something smaller for my system and this beast is just keeping my water too clean. Purchased brand new from Marine Depot in December- January. Looking to trade for Bubble Magus Curve 5 or sell it for $250obo.

Let me know

Thanks
Kevin

Here is the info from the website

Bubble Magus Curve 7 In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate Information

Bubble-Magus skimmers are practical and highly efficient. These skimmers offer innovative features along with reliable pumps at an affordable price: which makes them a great value.

The Curve 7 protein skimmer has all the right features to make a great skimmer. These features include:a needle wheel pump with a venturi intake that produces just the right amount and size of air bubbles, a bubble plate to reduce the turbulence in the reaction chamber, a innovative `curve` skimmer body that allow the foam to smoothly rise to the collection cup, an air silencer to ensure quiet operation, a quick-release collection cup and skimmer body for easy cleaning, a collection cup drain to reduce maintenance frequency, and lastly, a compact footprint that allows easy installation.

Specifications:
Tank Capability: 185G-240G
Pump: ROCK - SP2000
Pump power: 16W, 110V 60Hz
Dimensions: 9.25"L x 7.87"W x 20.8"H
Water Level: 9.5"-11"