• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All SPS bleached overnight!

Sancho is offline Registered User
      My status is: yo mama

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by jasonp87 View Post
      That sounds like palytoxin if it's been aerosolized. I would have expected irritation to the skin on your arms and hands. Maybe to the face if you touched your face
      My daughter was near the tank and water was being tossed around she grabbed the tubbing I was using to suck water out of the tank and put it away. She went to the nurses office today has a rash on her hands. They had no idea what it was. Her rash is gone now but my eyelids feel like the weigh 1 pound each.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by Funkateer_1 View Post
      Moving 8 year old rock could release pockets of hydrogen sulfide gas and cause a crash. Thats my guess
      I didnt move any base rock. The rocks I moved were new additions to the tank less than 6 months. But they have hundreds of various Palys and Zoas.

jasonp87 is offline SDR Moderator/Ninja
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
      My daughter was near the tank and water was being tossed around she grabbed the tubbing I was using to suck water out of the tank and put it away. She went to the nurses office today has a rash on her hands. They had no idea what it was. Her rash is gone now but my eyelids feel like the weigh 1 pound each.
      Ok, that sounds like palytoxin. Still, corals and fish are supposed to be resistant to it for the most part. Maybe it was just too much for the SPS. Hydrogen sulfide doesn't sound right if the rocks were recent additions but maybe base rock was bumped when removing them. My guess is those are your 2 best culprits.
      -Jason
      SDReefs Moderator

55 Gallon Corner Build
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...5-Corner-Build

(OLD) Mr. Aqua 25 Gallon Cube Reef
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-cube&p=832284

(OLD) 10 Gallon Reef w/ 10 Gallon Sump/Fuge
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...lon-reef-build

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

When was last time you moved rock work around? Did you touch anything through out the day that could have remained on your skin prior to touching the tank?
      We're any zoas partially attached to another rock being ripped?
      And as for palytoxin recently I had a severe eye pain slight blindness photophobia and only thing I can think of was palytoxin caused what was defined as IRITIS/UVEITIS took steroid drops dilation drops and antibiotic drops lol 2 -3 worst weeks of my life be careful

Hope all is well and it goes away and hopefully your tank can pull through sorry abut the whole ordeal.

calreef18 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Run some activated carbon to pull the extra organics and toxins out of the water. Anytime I do stuff to zoas in the tank I run fresh carbon just in case.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by CMD2213 View Post
      When was last time you moved rock work around? Did you touch anything through out the day that could have remained on your skin prior to touching the tank?
      We're any zoas partially attached to another rock being ripped?
      And as for palytoxin recently I had a severe eye pain slight blindness photophobia and only thing I can think of was palytoxin caused what was defined as IRITIS/UVEITIS took steroid drops dilation drops and antibiotic drops lol 2 -3 worst weeks of my life be careful

Hope all is well and it goes away and hopefully your tank can pull through sorry abut the whole ordeal.
      When was last time you moved rock work around? Did you touch anything through out the day that could have remained on your skin prior to touching the tank? Maybe 6 months ago. I am really good about cleaning my hands before sticking them into the tank. In fact I used the hand soap they are selling at AW.
      We're any zoas partially attached to another rock being ripped? Yes
      And as for palytoxin recently I had a severe eye pain slight blindness photophobia and only thing I can think of was palytoxin caused what was defined as IRITIS/UVEITIS took steroid drops dilation drops and antibiotic drops lol 2 -3 worst weeks of my life be careful. Had severe eye pain last night. Woke up with fuzzy vision. But my eye lids still feel like they weigh way more than they should.

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

Yep it's only happened once to me with the eyes since this last ordeal

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105640

Didn't really know that could impact the sps though sorry to hear
      [url]http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?108302-Naso-s-125g-upgrade&p=857495#post857495[/url]
      [URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?99493-Another-50G-Cube-by-Naso-Tang"]zoa/LPS tank 2[/URL][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1][URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61548&highlight=naso+tang"]15/0/0 Feedback (is appreciated!)[/URL][/SIZE]
      [SIZE="1"]125 g center overflow, speedwave 1320, BM 200S, double fuge, tunze 6205, MP40ES, wp40, 3X AI Sol Blues, 4X54W T5s, ATO, 1/4 HP Current chiller[/SIZE]
      [SIZE="1"]50G starfire cube, AI Sol Blue + 2 T5s, BM3.5 skimmer, fuge, MP10ES, koralias, Rio2100 return, ATO[/SIZE]

RIP Larry Montgomery

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

sorry about your loss. when my tank accidently crashed, my tank water turned white. Kid put alkalinity powder in the filter sock at night and I didn't notice it til the am.

Bogg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Addicted

I am:
      Piratey

Try coral snow it'll help pull that out of the water
      Sorry for your losses
      Elos 120xl, 90g frag tank, 3x Elos planet 2's 2x 150, 4x 250w hqi's, 12 39w t5's , Moceans, 3x Tunze 6080, jebao rw-15 Zeovit, Korallen zucht S skimmer, Apex, aqua euro 400.

SmilinAvnger is offline Registered User
      My status is: Waiting for 5PM

I am:
      Friendly

Ahh Sancho! Sorry to hear! Hope you start feeling better and hope the rest of your corals pull through!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My 150 Gallon Tank:

[URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?111334-How-to-annoy-your-wife-in-1-easy-step&highlight="]http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?111334-How-to-annoy-your-wife-in-1-easy-step&highlight=[/URL]

KorL is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Do know which paly to blame? Proto paly?

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

Gotta be that Texas trash that everybody has, stupid brown/green palys. Despite all my efforts to get rid of mine I still got some. But last time I burned my eyes it was actually gobstoppers...
      [url]http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?108302-Naso-s-125g-upgrade&p=857495#post857495[/url]
      [URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?99493-Another-50G-Cube-by-Naso-Tang"]zoa/LPS tank 2[/URL][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1][URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61548&highlight=naso+tang"]15/0/0 Feedback (is appreciated!)[/URL][/SIZE]
      [SIZE="1"]125 g center overflow, speedwave 1320, BM 200S, double fuge, tunze 6205, MP40ES, wp40, 3X AI Sol Blues, 4X54W T5s, ATO, 1/4 HP Current chiller[/SIZE]
      [SIZE="1"]50G starfire cube, AI Sol Blue + 2 T5s, BM3.5 skimmer, fuge, MP10ES, koralias, Rio2100 return, ATO[/SIZE]

RIP Larry Montgomery

Leonard is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Just read this. I had the same thing happen to my tank with palys, killed a lot of corals, I used extra carbon and also a bag of chem pure elite. And did water change. But be careful wear gloves and place towel down to prevent getting water on carpet or floor then being tracked around house. Also wear safety glasses. Keep kids away !. Then tosse gloves and towel in trash. It's not worth the risk especially wih kids. I also know this may cause coughing and resperitory sickness as the water is evaporated. If you can go see doctor for your eyes. Hope everything is ok with your child. I got rid of all my palys and zoas because of my kids.

EyeReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
      When was last time you moved rock work around? Did you touch anything through out the day that could have remained on your skin prior to touching the tank? Maybe 6 months ago. I am really good about cleaning my hands before sticking them into the tank. In fact I used the hand soap they are selling at AW.
      We're any zoas partially attached to another rock being ripped? Yes
      And as for palytoxin recently I had a severe eye pain slight blindness photophobia and only thing I can think of was palytoxin caused what was defined as IRITIS/UVEITIS took steroid drops dilation drops and antibiotic drops lol 2 -3 worst weeks of my life be careful. Had severe eye pain last night. Woke up with fuzzy vision. But my eye lids still feel like they weigh way more than they should.

If you dont mind the drive down to Kearny Mesa, I can examine your eyes. I am off tomorrow but can coordinate a time. If not by me please go see another eye health professional.
      160xl Elos & 100g CADLIGHT

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by EyeReef View Post
      If you dont mind the drive down to Kearny Mesa, I can examine your eyes. I am off tomorrow but can coordinate a time. If not by me please go see another eye health professional.
      Thanks for the offer. All seems better now. A couple days of heavy eyelids. Vision is good now. I have a small irritation on one of my eye lids but it is going away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information