• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Products beware! Two Little Fishies VeggieMag Rusting

Funkateer_1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Products beware! Two Little Fishies VeggieMag Rusting

Re posting this from one of my customers up north. He has been struggling with his tank for months and finally found the culprit. His TLF veggiemag rusted out and leached metals in the aquarium. If you use this product, DO NOT leave it in your tank.

My symptoms got worse and worse, and slowly but surely nearly every SPS and LPS in my aquarium faded away. First it was the most sensitive SPS (of course), followed by the more hardy not much later.

This occurred over several weeks, and I systematically went through all the equipment in the tank, except for one seemingly innocent magnet veggie clip.

This product is not suitable for use in anyone's aquarium. I believe the photograph will explain why. The white cover for the "wetside" is more or less a "sticker", seriously, I bet you could easily pull a brand new cover right off of this unit, gratuitously exposing metals that will wipe out thousands of dollars of livestock.

I'm really quite angry at this point, and I am angry at myself for thinking that leaving a $10.00 VeggiMag in the tank for sustained periods of time was a good idea. I'd estimate that this occurred over about a 2 month period. The only consolation is that I have finally found the problem.

I wish companies would be more upfront about the intended use for their products. IMO, this product should not be submerged for any extended period of time, at best. I would not recommend exposing your cherished and hard earned corals to something of this quality.

The Culprit:

[URL=http://s852.photobucket.com/user/TheWHSE/media/TwoLittle%20Fishies%20DeathMag/DSC_0087_zps6068a89d.jpg.html]
      Last edited by Funkateer_1; 08-14-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wow so I'm not the only one. Recently I found that my mini algae/glass scrapper also did the same thing

acbaldwin is offline Registered User
      My status is: butt stuff

I am:
      Enraged

Wow, that's crappy. Thanks for posting this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information