• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eco Tech

jonesreef is offline Registered User
      My status is: Cycling 240

I am:
      Awesome

Eco Tech

Anyone heard of discounted group buys from EcoTech? I am looking at 3 Radion Gen 3 Pros and 2 Vortech 40s.
      240g Peninsula; 50g Sump; 40g Refugium; ATI Powercone 250i Skimmer; Hydra FR 30 Bio Reactor; Two Little Fishies GFO Phosban Reactor 550; Marine Line 10000; 20g Autofill
      Tunze 3155; Hydra 26 (3); 1 hp Chiller

Funkateer_1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Ecotech is direct to dealer only, so its gonna be hard to get anything from them under MAP unless you buy it used.

I am:
      Awesome

Well, you know I am coming to AW for everything anyway, just thought I would look
      240g Peninsula; 50g Sump; 40g Refugium; ATI Powercone 250i Skimmer; Hydra FR 30 Bio Reactor; Two Little Fishies GFO Phosban Reactor 550; Marine Line 10000; 20g Autofill

Sancho is offline Registered User
      My status is: yo mama

I am:
      Piratey

I have tried with no luck. That is a price fixed product kinda like Apple products. If they find out your selling for less than msrp you may lose your ability to order from them. I know what cost is on these and trust me they are making all the money not the retailer. Unless you order a buttload from them, the margins are so small. It is not that they have huge mark up. The wholesale cost is so high.

unbereefable is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

They're on sale at most online retailers right now. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to even get that. Ecotech used to never have any sale on anything ever! Although for pumps, you really can't beat tunze. I've got a tunze PH that has been sold to various friends and recently made its way back to me. Still works like new and is as quite as ever. My old mp40 went thru 2 wet sides in 2 years.
      Fish tanks and Chevys... And now my cousin's Datsun too.

Established in the south east, but now reside in Chula Vista.

I am:
      Awesome

Thanks Sancho

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by jonesreef View Post
      Well, you know I am coming to AW for everything anyway, just thought I would look
      Stay posted, Ecotech products might be going on sale soon

I am:
      Piratey

IMO Ecotech makes a very good product and they have great customer service. But the customer service and over hyped reviews is what you are paying for. If you want an LED that has all the bells and whistles out of the box look at the AI Hydra 52 or 26. AI has awesome customer service. Still over priced but a good alternative to the ridiculously over priced Radions. As far as MP40's nice pump but way overpriced. Jebao RW15 and RW20 is a fraction of the cost and moves water in tank just the same. If it craps out they are cheap enough to just get a new pump. I have had Radion 1st gen lost most of my sps with that light. Yes I went from a halide to Radion everything bleached in couple weeks. I built a DIY led with stunner strips and off the shelf cree 3 watt LEDS. I had better luck with that than the Radion. I than went to a Kessil A360W. That is an awesome LED. Yes it wont make lightning, or dim to 0, or have a internet interface to control it. (unless you have a reef controller) but it is the closest LED to a halide. This hobby already cost us an arm and a leg there is no reason to spend Ecotech money. There are products out there that do the same thing at a lower cost. If electricity wasn't so high in California I would go back to Halides, my coral and fish could care less if it has a ramp up sunrise and sunset and they defiantly dont need a thunder storm. Plus my coral growth was awesome under halides. So with that I am done with my rant about overpriced products..Take from it what you want. Ecotech is over hyped and in my opinion not worth it. I know that is not going to make allot of people happy but i think there are enough people out there that agree with me.

I am:
      Awesome

I'm looking to get these in about a month. I need the penetration as I have 30" depth/height to the tank. Vortech was a new wish list, I do fine with Hydra's and may stay that route.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by jonesreef View Post
      I'm looking to get these in about a month. I need the penetration as I have 30" depth/height to the tank. Vortech was a new wish list, I do fine with Hydra's and may stay that route.
      hydra you can definitely get group buy started

spidernano is online now Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

I agree ecotech is way over priced but after seeing this guys tank I'm sold on radions for my next build [IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by spidernano; 08-03-2014 at 08:59 PM.

I am:
      Piratey

Look at the Jebao RW20. It is rated at 500 gph to 5200 gph. As opposed to MP40 1000 gph to 3200 gph. $109 for the Jebao $395 for the Ecotech. Both wirelessly synch to each other and have almost the same features. There is probably a patent lawsuit in the works but what the hell its almost a $300 savings. Thats a no brainer for me.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

FWIW i've burnt out two Jebao WP-25 power supplies and broke one impeller. My 3 year old MP-10's are going strong. On my old 150g my blue box MP-40s worked great for years,

Vortechs do make a very wide, laminiar flow. If you want craftsmanship and more 'direct' flow, i'd do the tunze powerheads.

I am:
      Piratey

Reefers Garage is doing a Jebao group buy in August $85 for the RW20. For that price I would take the MP40 off your wish list and get a couple of them from Louis. That is a Killer deal. http://mkt.com/reefers-garage/rw-2

spidernano is online now Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Buying cheap is expensive

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information