• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: RKL help please... Microsoft .NET Framework error

goBolts858 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

RKL help please... Microsoft .NET Framework error

I'm hoping someone could help me find a fix to this... I just bought a brand new RKL, started setting it up last night, but every time I open myReef 2.0 on my Surface Pro 2, I get an error message stating:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

After clicking continue to use the software, I attempt to click the icons on the upper-right corner, and get this error message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any suggestions/solutions? Thank you in advance.

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

Eric at DA is working on this issue. myReef relies heavily on the Microsoft .NET framework stuff. (I'm not a programmer guy so I have no idea what it does or doesn't do). You can send Eric an email at support@digitalaquatics.com if you would like. He may have a fix for it or a work-around. When did you download myReef and what version are you using?
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

goBolts858 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you, I will email him tomorrow and hope for a response.

I downloaded and tried the two versions of myReef that is available for download on their website. Both versions had the same results on my personal Surface Pro 2, the PC I'd prefer to use. However, I downloaded and tried it on my work laptop and it works perfectly, but it's my personal computer. I'm wondering if it's an OS compatibility issue with my Surface Pro 2 running Windows 8 and my work laptop running Windows 7. Anyone else having issues running myReef 2.0 on Windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMorris View Post
      Eric at DA is working on this issue. myReef relies heavily on the Microsoft .NET framework stuff. (I'm not a programmer guy so I have no idea what it does or doesn't do). You can send Eric an email at support@digitalaquatics.com if you would like. He may have a fix for it or a work-around. When did you download myReef and what version are you using?

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

It is supposed to work fine with Windows 8, but some people have had some issues with it. I run it with Windows 7 Pro on my Macbook Pro running Boot Camp with no problems.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

EuroDriver is offline Registered User
      My status is: alive

I am:
      Cool

I have this same problem every single time I use MyReef 2.0 (even after upgrading to the recent new release). Just click continue and it should work just fine. Just to let you know though, I never got it to work on my surface tablet. After doing my own investigation, I came to the conclusion that its does not work on USB 3.0 ports. On USB 2.0, I still get the same error messages you mention, but it does work. Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information