So I am going to begin dosing soon. I've been testing my water parameters frequently so I know what my water parameters tend to be without dosing and what I want them to be. I will be using the Vertex Libra dosing system with BRS Calcium Chloride, BRS Sodium Bicarbonate and BRS 2 Part Magnesium Mix.

As of right now I have not manually dosed the tank in order to bring up the water parameters up to their desired levels. So with that in mind, should I start dosing with the pump at small amounts each day gradually increasing the dosage until I get to where I want to be and then dial the pump in. Or, should I manually dose the tank to where I want it to be and then maintain those parameters with the pump, again dialing the dosage in over a few days or so.

I have read a lot about testing the water, figuring out consumption levels and then dosing manually and using the pump there after to maintain water parameters with the pump based on consumption levels. However, I fail to see any harm in using the pump to slowly bring the levels up to where I want them and then change the dosing to maintain based on consumption.

What are the thoughts on this out there. TIA.