• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cannon camera help needed! Pictures posted!

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Cannon camera help needed! Pictures posted!

SO here is the deal guys, I recently ordered the Cannon Rebel t3i two lense bundle pack from costco and i cannot figure out how to get those FSM money shots!!! With that being said, i have a couple of questions for you camera experts... I just noticed that with the rebates i can also get the T5i or SL1 for about the same price on costco. Should i take back my T3I and get one of those for a better value? Are my shots crappy because i don't know how to set it up/wrong lens, or is the T3i incapable of producing those super macro shots? I am running the 18-55mm macro lens it comes with and tried every preset on the camera btw. Let me know your thoughts camera men and women! MUCH APPRECIATED!

And now for the pics:

AND THE CAT SHOTS!

Nick_Kun is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

you need a dedicated macro lens if you want that 1:1 close-ups. The T3i is more than capable of capturing great images given the proper lens.
      Last edited by Nick_Kun; 04-29-2014 at 09:47 PM.

socal619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Tripping on shrooms

I am:
      Crazy

Nick shoots canon and is the man. I'd take back the package back and just buy the camera and get a macro. It depends on what your shooting though

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Kun View Post
      you need a dedicated macro lens if you want that 1:1 close-ups. The T3i is more than capable of capturing great images given the proper lens.
      Is it worth it to take back the t3 and get the t5 or SL? What lens do you use for close macros? Thanks!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by socal619 View Post
      Nick shoots canon and is the man. I'd take back the package back and just buy the camera and get a macro. It depends on what your shooting though
      well for 750 i got the camera, two lenses, a nice case, and a sd card. Online the t3 goes for about 600 new. I think that the rest of the goodies is worth 150 dollars. I just wonder if it is worth it to take back the t3 and get the t5 for 100 bux more or the SL1 which is the same price...

socal619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Tripping on shrooms

I am:
      Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by keepswimming View Post
      well for 750 i got the camera, two lenses, a nice case, and a sd card. Online the t3 goes for about 600 new. I think that the rest of the goodies is worth 150 dollars. I just wonder if it is worth it to take back the t3 and get the t5 for 100 bux more or the SL1 which is the same price...
      That's not a bad deal

ford4life is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

you need to set your WHITE BALANCE. also put the camera on a tripod for clear pictures

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by ford4life View Post
      you need to set your WHITE BALANCE. also put the camera on a tripod for clear pictures
      I am trying to figure out how to do that.

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

Gotta set the image capture to Raw and once you've downloaded open the raw in photoshop or equivalent and use the white balance eye dropper on sand or rock, close to unsaturated white as possible. Totally does the trick, looks better than your eyes can see regarding color. All the blue is magically gone. Some people use Lightroom, I've never used that one.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Getting a little better!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

onyong4u is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

Hey, I have a Canon 85mm 1.8 if you are interested.

Nick_Kun is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by keepswimming View Post
      Is it worth it to take back the t3 and get the t5 or SL? What lens do you use for close macros? Thanks!
      Nope, you will not be able to see a difference in image quality between the two camera bodies. It's all about the lens.

ChouDawg is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

Please do NOT throw money at a T5i expecting spectacular photos...photography like most other hobby takes time and patience to learn. Although some people may have an eye for photo composition it usually takes years to master, if ever. I have the same camera as you and my photos progressively got better and better. My first tip to you is read the manual, learn everything your camera can do...I guarantee it will have more features then you will ever use. The 18-55 isn't the best lens but its good enough for a beginner, the "macro" label on it is a bit of a misnomer and is on a lot of lenses that aren't true 1:1 macro lenses. Here's a great article that you should read through to learn the basics of photography.

http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/index.html

T
      here are a lot more aquarium specific guides and videos as well online. Section 4 will teach you about white balance which you should figure out first to get your pictures to accurately represent the colors in person. I wouldn't bother with shooting in RAW and post processing until you get the basics down. Here's a shot I took a few weeks ago with the same camera as you:

Good luck!

cpotato is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by ChouDawg View Post
      Please do NOT throw money at a T5i expecting spectacular photos...photography like most other hobby takes time and patience to learn. Although some people may have an eye for photo composition it usually takes years to master, if ever. I have the same camera as you and my photos progressively got better and better. My first tip to you is read the manual, learn everything your camera can do...I guarantee it will have more features then you will ever use. The 18-55 isn't the best lens but its good enough for a beginner, the "macro" label on it is a bit of a misnomer and is on a lot of lenses that aren't true 1:1 macro lenses. Here's a great article that you should read through to learn the basics of photography.

http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/index.html

T
      here are a lot more aquarium specific guides and videos as well online. Section 4 will teach you about white balance which you should figure out first to get your pictures to accurately represent the colors in person. I wouldn't bother with shooting in RAW and post processing until you get the basics down. Here's a shot I took a few weeks ago with the same camera as you:

Good luck!

beautiful shot chowdog.. what was your settings?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information