of thoughtful, committed
      citizens can change the world;
      indeed, it's the only thing
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Construction and Solar Installation

Hello Reefers,

I am working on several projects for 2BC located in City Heights. If your looking to do reconstruction, remodeling or installing solar onto your property let me know. The prices are very reasonable and the work quality will surpass your expectation.

I want to throw out and let you know that if you add solar onto your property you will qualify for a
      30% tax credit for the upcoming year. It is also estimated that your property value will increase $15-20k. There is no cap on the size and cost associated with the project, everyone in California qualifies for the tax credit.

Another note is that most solar systems pay for themselves within the first 6-7 years, from there you will have about 18 years of
      free energy since the panels are guaranteed for 25 years. With current trends it is estimated that the States will produce up to 30% of the world's energy by 2020. Shoot me an email for a quote if you are interested: ron@the2bc.com. Thanks for reading and happy reefing
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

SDR Marketing Director / SDMAS Board of Directors

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Investing in our SDR Community www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?89507-SanDiegoReefs.com-Giving-back-to-our-community

My Crazy Obsession
      www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?96495-Xo-signature-experience-s-obsession-continues

Show Some Love
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?75529-XO-PRESENTS-feedback

Who Got Tats? wwwhttp://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-Off-Your-Tats.

Therapy is offline Registered User
      My status is: retired!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Everything Ron is saying regarding solar is 100 percent accurate. We put 60 panels on our roof, it will be the best investment you will make both financially and for just "doing the right thing".

XO PRESENTS is offline SDMAS Staff Member / MOD
      My status is: Never doubt that a small group
      of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Wow, 60 panels ? That's a ton of energy! Mind if I ask what the ballpark of your average SDG&E bill was prior to going solar? Thanks for going Green and helping our environment!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
      Everything Ron is saying regarding solar is 100 percent accurate. We put 60 panels on our roof, it will be the best investment you will make both financially and for just "doing the right thing".
      Last edited by XO PRESENTS; 04-16-2014 at 08:20 AM.
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Investing in our SDR Community www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?89507-SanDiegoReefs.com-Giving-back-to-our-community

My Crazy Obsession
      www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?96495-Xo-signature-experience-s-obsession-continues

Show Some Love

Therapy is offline Registered User
      My status is: retired!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

electric bill averaged $800 per month BEFORE the last rate increase. Now its zero. We create a 20 percent surplus but I anticipate adding another koi pond soon.

of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

HOLY MOLY !!! No wonder you had 60 panels installed The tier bracket deal with local utilities companies is ridiculous. I'm currently working with a client right now who is looking to install about 270 panels, they pay over $3k monthly which I think is crazy . Congrats and yes, do add more ponds and use up that extra 20%, not only because you want to but because you can!
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

My Crazy Obsession

Show Some Love

Sat Cong is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Booolt UP!

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by XO PRESENTS View Post
      HOLY MOLY !!! No wonder you had 60 panels installed The tier bracket deal with local utilities companies is ridiculous. I'm currently working with a client right now who is looking to install about 270 panels, they pay over $3k monthly which I think is crazy . Congrats and yes, do add more ponds and use up that extra 20%, not only because you want to but because you can!
      What kind of plants are they growing? If this is residential, DEA sure would like to know...LOL!!!

LakersReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Out of curiosity what kind of panels are you using mono Crystalline or thin film? With respect to panels, what is the rate of delamination that is expected with roof top?

of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

anh hai,

No Greenery , it's a furniture warehouse and showroom up in Sac Town, they use way too much AC throughout the year in that horrible heat they have up there.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sat Cong View Post
      What kind of plants are they growing? If this is residential, DEA sure would like to know...LOL!!!
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

My Crazy Obsession

Show Some Love

of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Hi,

The panels we use are made of monocrystalline silicon cells that produce more then 12% of energy then the other competitors. The panels come with a 25 year warranty that the power generated from our panels will not decrease more than 7% per year, hence the expected lifetime of 25+ years, let me know if you have any other questions.
      Quote Originally Posted by LakersReef View Post
      Out of curiosity what kind of panels are you using mono Crystalline or thin film? With respect to panels, what is the rate of delamination that is expected with roof top?
      Last edited by XO PRESENTS; 04-17-2014 at 09:09 AM.
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

My Crazy Obsession

Show Some Love

LakersReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Thanks for the followup. With the ability to generate 12%+ more energy on your panels, depending on ones usage is there a credit/revenue that gets offered back by the utility should I generate more than what I created? If I can put more panels on than I consume, do they offer an incentive since I am providing surplus energy to the grid? Extra money means more reef shopping. What about up maintenance, how difficult is it with respect to residential to maintain these panels?

of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Hello,

You have brought up a very good question about excess surplus, I have heard all sorts of stories from different solar sales individuals. From stories of people make a ton of $$ to theories on how the government is trying to manipulate the public for their own profitability. Here is the truth, any potential solar panel investor should only get the appropriate system that covers their annual consumption.

Typically during the summer time most individuals use more energy, air-conditioning for example. During the the spring time we use less energy since the weather is pretty fair here in San Diego. A good way to make sense of this is to think of your utility company as a bank, when you have excess money it goes back into your bank account, when you need more money you withdraw from your account. At then end of the year you look at your statement, if you put more cash in then you withdrew you have excess cash flow.

If at the end of the year you end up with extra energy, you can withdraw it. However you must remember, the utility company like a bank will only give you a certain amount for your excess energy (SDG&E .04/kwh) which is similar to interests rates. They charge you a ridiculous amount to borrow but only give you a small percent of interests back. When individuals purchase the adequate systems, most will produce excess energy during the off peak months that can be used during peak months, so at the end everything will balance out. Ideally, the appropriate system will completely 0 out your utility bill. There is also a cap on how much excess energy you can produce and sell back which is 1 megawatt. I know its a ton of information to digest so feel free to ask away

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReef View Post
      Thanks for the followup. With the ability to generate 12%+ more energy on your panels, depending on ones usage is there a credit/revenue that gets offered back by the utility should I generate more than what I created? If I can put more panels on than I consume, do they offer an incentive since I am providing surplus energy to the grid? Extra money means more reef shopping. What about up maintenance, how difficult is it with respect to residential to maintain these panels?
      Last edited by XO PRESENTS; 04-18-2014 at 07:49 PM.
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

My Crazy Obsession

Show Some Love

of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Hola,

I recently have been working closely with the folks at the Center for Sustainable Energy and a huge issue came up. In order to promote solar energy throughout California, the government have been providing homeowners a 30% tax credit on their solar projects. However it was recently rumored that when The Energy Policy Act comes up for review in 2016, the federal tax credit will be reduced to 10%. I think that decision will actually deteriorate rather then promote solar energy, but that's our government for you. However being energy efficient doesn't necessarily mean that you have to go solar, do an home energy audit and replace those energy consuming appliances and light bulbs. You will be surprised on how much you will save by simply doing so, let me know if I can be of any help
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

My Crazy Obsession

Show Some Love

of thoughtful, committed
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Lot of Solar questions on the board lately, so let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
      Last edited by XO PRESENTS; 08-28-2014 at 08:35 AM.
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

My Crazy Obsession

Show Some Love

seareef is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Sleeping... ZZZZZZ

I am:
      Cool

I had a 64 panel Sunpower system installed 5 years ago. It will be paid off in November (3 months from now). It saves me over $800 a month so it's a great investment. Id recommend any homeowner with a bill over $200 a month to talk to Ron. It's a WIN WIN investment - Go GREEN and save $$$!

Who would you rather pay, SDG&E or yourself?
      BFT2000 Build

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information