• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Neptune Apex WXM Vortech setup

CruiseX is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Cool Neptune Apex WXM Vortech setup

So I figured I would start a new thread instead of continually asking more questions as part of an unrelated thread. So here it goes. For those that help out....again....thanks!!

So I have everything setup and the pumps are slaved to the WXM....no issue there. Right now I am just running reefcrest at 75% until I get this all figured out.

In the end I want to run different modes throughout the day, but at different intensities. The directions are not great at explaining this one through, and I have not had any luck online yet. So in short, if I want to control different intensities of different modes through out the day, do I need to set up a profile for each mode to control the intensity? That way in the program line instead of:

If Time 8:00 to 9:00 Then ReefCrst

I could enter:

If Time 8:00 to 9:00 Then PF1 (where PF1 is the profile set up for ReefCrst with a max intensity of 75%). Then I would set up a profile for each mode at the intensity I want.

Is there another way to control the max intensity that I am missing??

Also, I would like to command the pumps into Nutrient Transport mode when a feed mode is selected for say 30 minutes, then return to its previously programmed mode. So in this case, does the programming come out to: If FeedA 030 Then Nutrient. Kind of unsure about the "XXX" adfter FeedA, in this case "030." I am assuming that is in some type of time unit. for either the duration of the Feed or a delay for the feed.

Thanks Again.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ok I have made some progress - still running into some problems. Posted this is Neptune Community as well, hopefully Russ will come along before bed time....Here is what I posted.

So I am setting up my WXM for the first time. From what I can tell everything is already updated. Both or my pumps have been slaved to the WXM no problem and are currently just running a single mode. Here is the program I have for the first pump:

Set ON
      Fallback ON
      Set ReefCrst
      If Time 08:30 to 11:00 Then ReefCrst
      If Time 11:00 to 14:00 Then TidalSwl
      If Time 14:00 to 16:00 Then Lagoon
      If Time 16:00 to 18:00 Then Nutrient
      If Time 18:00 to 21:30 Then ReefCrst
      If Time 21:30 to 08:30 Then Night
      If FeedA 000 Then Slow
      If FeedD 000 Then OFF

When I try and update the outlet, I get the error code:
      \\ Error: Expected ON or OFF OR PFx //Error: line 9 - If Time 21:30 to 08:30 Then Night
      \\ Error: Expected ON or OFF OR PFx //Error: line 10 - If FeedA 000 Then Slow

I am guessing this is because I have not set up a profile for Night and Slow. However, I do not have an option when choosing Night or Slow since there is not one from the drop down.

IS that an indication I don't have everything updated? If not what am I missing????

If I do need to update, do you have to update via wired connection. I am currently set up via a wireless bridge.

Finally, is there a way to set up a Feed profile so that after the Feed the pumps will run Nutrient for say an hour then return back to the profiles above.

Thanks!!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thread of one continues....

Ok so I fixed the error. Few questions left: If I command FeedA then the pumps will slow to the Slow profile without delay (000). If I entered say 010 is that 10 minutes or seconds? Also, I am looking to command a Nutrient after a Feed mode. For starters how long does a FeedA last for in the above profile? If so can I command a Nutrient after it by going:

If FeedA 000 Then Slow
      If FeedA 010 Then Nutrient (assuming the first slow portion lasts for 10 minutes/seconds)

Thanks again

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

You just have the profiles defined before you can reference then in an outlet program. That weeper means that there is no profile named Night

Outlet and profile names are case-sensitive too. Night and night are treated as different names.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Russ - thanks for clarifying.

Is there anyway to set up a Nutrient Mode for a specified amount of time after commanding: If FeedA 000 Then Slow.

Basically can you have to functions going on the same outlet or will the last one in the program always be the true one. I started to talk about this just above.

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Feed cycles consist of two duration values. The first applies to all outlet programs using a given feed cycle - FeedA, or FeedB, etc. This is called the Feed Interval, and is configured on the Misc setup page for each of the 4 feed cycles

The second one is used in the If Feed statement for the desired outlets... this is the numeric part of the If Feed statemnet - If FeedA 000 Then OFF This is the time which is added to the Feed Interval for a particular outlet. The length of the feed cycle for a given outlet is the FeedX Interval + the added duration

So, let's say the FeedC Feed Interval is 10 minutes.

In a outlet program, you add If FeedC 000 Then OFF. That outlet will turn off for 10 minutes (10 + 0)

In another outlet program, you add If FeedC 015 Then OFF. That outlet will turn off for 25 minutes (10 + 15)

This allows you to do sequences...

[Return Pump]
      Set ON
      If FeedB 000 Then OFF

[Skimmer]
      Set ON
      If FeedB 003 Then ON

The return pump will be shut off when FeedB is activated, and will stay off for only the duration of the FeedB Interval. But the skimmer outlet will stay off for an additional 3 minutes.... very helpful for internal skimmers which are sensitive to sump water level.

You can get really fancy with Feed Cycles and Vortechs...

[MP40]
      Set ON
      Fallback ON
      Set ReefCrst
      If Time 08:30 to 11:00 Then ReefCrst
      If Time 11:00 to 14:00 Then TidalSwl
      If Time 14:00 to 16:00 Then Lagoon
      If Time 16:00 to 18:00 Then Nutrient
      If Time 18:00 to 21:30 Then ReefCrst
      If FeedA 025 Then Slow
      If FeedA 020 Then Nutrient
      If FeedA 010 Then TidalSwl
      If FeedA 005 Then OFF
      If FeedA 000 Then Slow

Assume Feed A Interval is set to 10 minutes. When FeedA is activated,
      the pump will be in Slow for 10 minutes, then OFF for 5 minutes, then Tidal Swirl for 5 minutes, then Nutrient Export for 10 minutes, then Slow again for another 5 minutes, then then will go back to the normal scheduled programming. The key is to list the multiple If Feed statements in order of DECREASING duration.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Russ -

Just to make sure what I have is right....

Vortech Right Side:

Fallback ON
      Set ReefCrst
      If Time 08:30 to 10:30 Then ReefCrst
      If Time 10:30 to 13:00 Then TidalSwl
      If Time 13:00 to 14:00 Then Lagoon
      If Time 14:00 to 16:30 Then Nutrient
      If Time 16:30 to 19:00 Then ReefCrst
      If Time 19:00 to 21:30 Then TidalSwl
      If FeedA 000 Then Slow
      If FeedB 075 Then Nutrient
      If FeedB 000 Then Slow
      If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Vortech Left Side:

Fallback ON
      Set Anti-Sync
      If Time 08:30 to 10:30 Then Sync
      If Time 13:00 to 14:00 Then Sync
      If Time 16:30 to 19:00 Then Sync
      If FeedA 000 Then Slow
      If FeedB 075 Then Anti-Sync
      If FeedB 000 Then Slow
      If FeedD 000 Then OFF

So given this setup, when we are looking at FeedB, given that the interval is set at 5 minutes, if FeedB is selected both pumps will slow for 5 minutes. Following five minutes right pump will drive to nutrient and the left pump will drive to anti-sync. Did I get that one right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information