• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: EMERGENCY SALE! Son in hospital.

wyntersun is offline Registered User
      My status is: .

I am:
      Set you mood here...

EMERGENCY SALE! Son in hospital.

Well, long story short my 7yo son was playing with some friends at a family bbq yesterday and got poked in the eye with a branch. We initially thought it was just a ”normal” poke in the eye. Decided to take him to ER (we live near Temecula) at the new Temecula hospital.

The ER there informed us that branch punctured his eye and he would need stitches, and he would be good to go but they couldn't do it there. They sent us down here to Rady Children hospital to have it performed. Everything went well, surgery wise. The surgeon let us know that unfortunately, the stick punctured the lens and will now cause a cataract to form within a few days.

He will need surgery again in about 4 Weeks to fix that now, and she is unsure how is vision will be in that eye after. My wife and I are holding up ok, the hardest part is knowing how frustrating its going to be for him these next few months (or longer) to not be able tp see correctly. Especially for someone with pretty much perfect v

For the next few Weeks I will have some things for sell to help with medical cost (we have insurance but they dont cover everything.

Sorry for the not so short story and run on, its been a very long night. Will update post with more items later today.

I am located in Temecula, about 35 min in once you exit on Temecula Parkway. Being as Im so far in, I am willing to meet up right off the exit (15 and Temecula Parkway) with the items.
      Last edited by wyntersun; 03-30-2014 at 10:40 AM.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Sorry to hear glws.

GoldenButterfly is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

We are all here very sorry to hear this happen to your family. Wishing your son will get back to normal soon. Take care.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Also, if anyone has similar situation with their kids, id love to hear about it to share with my wife. She feels helpless and blames herself. I told her it is just an accident and kids will be kids.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you for the thoughts!

hbar137 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I am sorry to hear this. My prayer is with your son and the family.

bigkahuna is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wishing your son and family the best. GLWS.

Leonard is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

So sorry to hear about your son. hoping for the best.

Dugaru is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Temecula made the right choice by sending you to Rady's. You could not be in better hands. The staff there is absolutely fantastic. My son was born 10 weeks premature and spent 4 weeks in Rady's NICU. Their level of care is stellar and they will do absolutely everything they can to get your son back to 100%. Good luck, man, and please keep us all posted.

erikk is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

pm sent

Jhuneke is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

I am so sorry to hear about your son's accident .. And tell your wife it's just that, a random accident. I've not been through similar issues, but as a mom I do understand the instinctual urge to blame ourselves, when our babies hurt Mu daughter flipped in a golf cart , receiving major brain injury and multiple surgery on a shattered leg/ankle. The days ahead may be difficult, but when it's all behind him.. All your son will reflect back on, is how you were there for him to make him feel safe and loved. Prayers are with your son and your family for a successful and fast recovery ... I am in Murrieta so if there is anything I can help w ( reef or otherwise ) please do let me know

LotsaFishies is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Wow as a brand new father (10 month old son!) I can't imagine how terrifying and helpless it must be to have an injured child.

I will definitely be praying for your son, the doctors, and your family.

FDdragon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

wow, sorry to hear that. Well it was an accident and thank God it wasnt more serious. I had corrective eye surgery a while back (permanent contacts in my eye and lasik for fine tuning) and bumped my eye in my garage (an accident). the impact caused one of the incisions to open....and pinch the iris.....then as the incision closed back to its original position, it pulled the iris and had a small piece of it sticking out of my eye. There was eye juice dripping down my face and i could not see! i thought i had lost that eye. i was informed by my eye doctor so see him the next morning. the next day i was rushed into surgery and they pushed everything back my eye and stitched the incision closed (which i was given numbing drops but could still feel everything). my eye is damaged for life and has a slight different shade of color and sensitivity to light due to the pupil not being a perfect circle any more. The damage caused the injured part of the iris to heal itself onto the contact as well. given that there were MANY multiple factors of which could have caused me to lose vision or some major infection....i am fine. i have 20/20 vision and every now and then get a tad fuzzy in that eye...but most of the time i dont even notice.

Things could have been worse and dont feel at fault by any means. Accidents happen, trust me, i know. =) Jhuneke said it right, your son will remember how you and your wife were their for him when he needed it. BTW, the eye is said to be the fastest healing part of the body. (debatable with the tongue, but its definitely in the top 2 or 3)

seareef is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Sleeping... ZZZZZZ

I am:
      Cool

I agree. The folks at Rady's NICU are top notch. Good luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugaru View Post
      Temecula made the right choice by sending you to Rady's. You could not be in better hands. The staff there is absolutely fantastic. My son was born 10 weeks premature and spent 4 weeks in Rady's NICU. Their level of care is stellar and they will do absolutely everything they can to get your son back to 100%. Good luck, man, and please keep us all posted.
      BFT2000 Build

cutterx23 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

So scary, I really hope your son gets his full vision back very soon. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information