• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: CA in my tank

serge is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

CA in my tank

Guys, need some advice. I cannot get my CA above 250. My Mag is at 1440 Alk is 8-9. I used baking pwdr to raise ALK and lime water for CA. First time i used lime I over did with CA and got some CA snow. I cleaned pumps, stopped using lime until CA dropped to normal and since then it won't go above 250. I use liquid CA and Purple Tech to raise CA to no avail. All other tests showing all is fine. Softies and polyps doing great, hollywood stunner growing, birds nest and duncun are so-so.

Any thoughts?

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Maybe a bad test kit ? Are you mixing ?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      Maybe a bad test kit ? Are you mixing ?
      I thought about that, but then i tested scripps water and it showed about 400+. I was hoping for a bad kit but no. I used scripps water.

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

Params aren't that bad accept for the ca+. What is your calcium solution you're trying to bring it up with? Should be able to use brs ca calculator and just calculate volume of cacl2 to add to bring it back up to 440 or so based on tank volume

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by naso tang View Post
      Params aren't that bad accept for the ca+. What is your calcium solution you're trying to bring it up with? Should be able to use brs ca calculator and just calculate volume of cacl2 to add to bring it back up to 440 or so based on tank volume
      I'm experimenting with Lime water. It did great the first time i just let it go to rise way above normal. So, I know that lime works but not this time for some reason. I mix 2ts per gal, following the instructions on brs using kalk. I increased doses for liquid ca and purple tech but ca just wont rise. I'm afriad to increase even more. I think I have CA monster in my tank that eats all the CA,

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by naso tang View Post
      I'm experimenting with Lime water. It did great the first time i just let it go to rise way above normal. So, I know that lime works but not this time for some reason. I mix 2ts per gal, following the instructions on brs using kalk. I increased doses for liquid ca and purple tech but ca just wont rise. I'm afriad to increase even more. I think I have CA monster in my tank that eats all the CA,

ReEfErAdDiCt is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

CA in my tank

Limewater doesn't do much to raise the calcium or alkalinity initially. It is meant to stabilize it once it is already where it needs to be. Do a large water change and your parameters should be good to go after that. Maybe add a little bit of ca, alk, and mag if using Scripps. Once your parameters are where you want them you can start dosing limewater into a reactor or an auto top off system.

Check your pH as well. If you've been adding limewater in large amounts chances are your pH will be extremely high.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/instru...r-Instructions

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information