• Hungry
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Aquatics Support issues??

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

Digital Aquatics Support issues??

If anybody is experiencing any issues with Digital Aquatics support, please post here. I will insure that your issue is addressed immediately, that is if I can't help you myself. The company has done a lot to improve their support system but there may still be issues and if so, I will make sure they are aware of them. While I do not actually "work" for DA, I do have a very real inside track to the principles of the company. I have been working with them on some new ways to address their horrible image and more importantly actually help them get problems resolved that customers have. I have been a beta tester for the company since they released the original RKE system five years ago. In addition to ramping up their customer support team and releasing a new firmware update, they are actively working on some new products to move forward. Not sure of too many details or release dates, but they are working on it.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

Good to know, thanks for the update Dave. I need to recalibrate my probes this weekend....still not sure I'm doing it correctly with the salinity probe and may need your help
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

I'll be around most of the weekend. Trying to get some more work done on my 130g setup.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

SoCalBoo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dave - I have a PC4 that is sparking and smoking. Totally fried. About 18 months old. Appears that the drama is around socket #3. I have pulled it offline, and tested all devices plugged into to it (ATO, skimmer, return pump, powerhead) on a different GFCI protected circuit, and everything works fine.

I am I just out of luck? There is another PC4 mounted right next to it that still works fine.

I emailed DA support and haven't heard back. Hasn't been 24 hours though, so I can't really harp on them currently.

Thanks, Paul

P.S. any chance you are doing an IPSF order any time soon? Need some more macros.

working

I am:
      Tired

Paul, what piece of equipment did you specifically have plugged into socket #3? I fried I believe the same socket number on a PC4 when I had a refugium light fall into the fuge on my 120g when I was tinkering around. I know Dave mentioned to me at the time he could look at it to see if that particular circuit socket could be repaired but at the time I couldn't afford to not use the rest of the plugs. For me the socket shows permanently on I believe but no current is running through it. Sparking and smoking though would scare me to not want to use that PC4 at all.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

SoCalBoo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Marlin (right?),

It was a skimmer. I plugged it into a GFCI socket on different circuit to test it out and it works fine. My first thought was the same thing - the skimmer pump got water in it and was shorting out. But it was working fine in the sump when plugged onto a different circuit.

Luckily, it appears that DA has a 2 year warranty on the PC4 and I bought it about 16 months ago (gotta love gmail archives for finding the purchase receipt). They emailed me and said as long as it doesn't show signs of being dunked in the tank or corrosion from exposure, they will replace.

Whew. Didn't feel so great about plunking down another 90 bucks.

working

I am:
      Tired

Nice Paul and yes, you got my name and spelling right. Good to hear about the 2 year warranty and that you were able to find the receipt.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

panman is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Gotta say their support is horrible. The manual supplied and the website are sorely lacking. I am trying to control brs dosing pumps on channels 1 and 4 for Ca and Alk and have them set up exactly the same with 2 minutes on, 58 minutes off, repeating 10 times. Channel 1 is supposed to start at 8 am and channel 4 at 8 pm. The channel 4 turns on and off as programmed, the channel 1 does not. At first channel 1 would turn on the first time and then not repeat. Now it just does not turn on. Do not know if somehow I have this programmed incorrectly or is faulty channel. Have called to speak with someone at DA, they have no phone support. Emails have been unable to help. Very frustrating. I have never dealt with a technology company that does not offer user phone support. I bought this from Marine Depot and called them for support and they could not help me and recommended contacting DA. Instead of spending hours trying to muddle through it yourself or looking on blogs, it would be so much easier to actually talk to a human being. If they would offer phone support, maybe 9-5 a couple days a week at least, that would go a long way to changing their horrible support image.
      Last edited by panman; 12-28-2013 at 08:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information