• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Local reefer New to the forum (Ramona)

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

More room, more options, better equip and all 3 of my tanks should fit into it with room to spare.

I am:
      Piratey

Bump it up. Pics of cad tank on page 2. The one with the wrasse and clowns is the cad tank

I am:
      Piratey

Some updates on the 125. Stand is painted, new acrylic sump aquired, almost c2c overflow assembled, pumps recieved, acrylic baffles ordered, tank is getting closer to getting wet. Pics:
      Skimmer:

New water storage:

Starting to paint:

Prepping overflow:

New sump:

Overflow assembled:

Interior doors

Stand almost finshed:

Pumps:

Just need handles and mag catches

THats all for now folks . Working on installing overflow this weekend and prepping area tank will be located. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

I am:
      Piratey

Build update:

(I just spent an hour updating this thread full of photos and I backed out for a sec and it all deleted so I have sumed it all up in a few pics here.....)

still need to finish hard plumbing it all up and glue. Leak test and tune the drains and return, adjust skimmer hieght, plumb reactor, mount lights. Moneys tight this month but I still need to pick up sand and dryrock as well as another radion xr30w and figure out a mounting option for it to sit in the middle. Everything from my cad build will be going into this tank and cad tank will turn into a quarantine tank. Im thinking 50 more pounds of dry rock to go with the 26# of lr from the cad as well as 80# special grade dry sand mixed with the sand from the cad tank witch is 40# should do it. Im guessing around February until its wet and running but still build progress none the less.
      More pics upon request or just browse my bucket...its all there minus my awesome story about it

nanoreef1 is offline Registered User
      My status is: 83Reefs

I am:
      Amused

Love that stand came out clean! Nice build!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks, I was happy to finally finish it up but now am thinking of adding some molding on the top and sides. Still undecided.

Did a lil more work yesterday afternoon. I made my screen tops and received my rms mounts and test fitted to be sure they would clear the rim. Fits perfect.
      I have another day off work today so I plan to order dry sand and dry rock possibly by the end of the day. Also need to get a dj power strip. Ive been procrastinating on gluing my plumbing all up and finalizing it all so I think I will attempt to mess with this today as well.
      Few pics of screen tops and rms mount test fit

Will update as build progresses.

I am:
      Piratey

Update:

First off, I would like to know if the mods can move this thread over to the member builds section.

So I'm finally on the verge of water testing the system and then getting this thing drained and refilled. A few changes have been made equip wise. I'm ditching the dual reactor for two individual phos ban 150 reactors. I feel this will give me better control over my media choices when needed. I also decided on going for the gold, and picked up an apex gold to help monitor and make my life more complicated and enjoyable, lol. So far I have done the intial set up via ethernet cable but have been having issues uploading to the latest firm ware, my ip address keeps changing after restart on the apex so I need to set up a static ip address I think. I still need to finish the set up and calibrate the probs once the tank is finally wet. I was able to get it all set up on fusion so hopefully this makes my life easier when needing to make changes to things.

Before picking up the apex I set up a reef link, to be able to control my radions via tablet/cell phone. I really like it but I may ditch it and hook into the apex instead, still undecided. I love technology and gadgets so I kinda went crazy on purchasing some of the equip. I also set up a drop cam and have it linked to my fusion account. The cam is very cool and allows me to monitor my tank when away. My wife hates it and calls it the spy cam and thinks I have it to spy on her. What ev"s lol. Also I am waiting for the rms rail kit to be released so I can pick up the long rail and tracks for a cool new way to mount multiple radions. I'm still unsure if this is the best move rather than just hanging the lights due to access into tank for water changes and tank maintenence. I already have two rms mounts and would hate to lose out on some money and just get the hanging kits as I honestly feel this is the all around better option as far as ease of access to the tank.
      Other than all of that, ato res is on order and will be here next month as well as a dosing container. I'm currently working on making an apex mount board and trying to figure out where and how to mount my tlf reactors, they must be outside the sump and the lip on the sump is to wide for them to hang on. Placing the on the floor of the stand has me worried that they will tip over if bumped, I'm thinking some velcro or screwing them into a small board will help keep them in place.
      Onto the pics:

Playing with rock.

Need more power.

Fish catcher for overflow

Another fts. Plan to switch the rms mounts to the side of the tank, add the 72" rail and tracks to connect the two and mount another radion in the center of tank ftb.

New equip.

That's all for now. Thanks for checking it out.

jkennedy1007 is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Reefer

I am:
      Hungry

build is turning out so sweet!

if no mod moves it soon
      just click edit on this one and copy and paste everything into a new post under member tanks

Keep up the great work , this has been a cool experience from a nano to this immaculate reef your building ;]

I am:
      Piratey

New fts, wet maybe this weekend

Just need to tidy up some wires and do a lil clean up

I am:
      Piratey

inurmind is offline Registered User
      My status is: playing w/matches &
      putting out fires

I am:
      Set you mood here...

When you get it wet post deets on the gyre!

...super curious about those things!

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Wow, impressive set-up!

I am:
      Piratey

I am:
      Piratey

So I've been busy with more diy. It's been a while since last update. Tank has been wet for about 3 weeks now. Few minor leaks on thread fittings after initial start up, all have been fixed.

So I made a mixing station or a portable mixer. Here's a few pics, works really well.

Fits inside a 44g brute container

I have educators installed on one side for mixing and some vinyl tube on the other for filling and draining.

I made a stand for my water storage container. Left over scrap wood from a few stand builds I have done.

Picked up a booster pump for my Rodi system and performed a few mods to it as well. Water production time is much better.

Some pics when filling tank

Almost there

Sump shot

Clearing up, scape needs some work, need more rock, looking for a large 14w×20h" oval or round rock.

Playing with new scape for right side.

Wider view and prepping chiller plumbing

I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, picked up an aqua euro 1/4hp chiller, plumbing for it, vertex hexaplex mag cleaner, and kz rev s skimmer. Couldn't help myself on the skimmer. I have a problem, I now have a skimmer collection . Nothing wrong with 4 back ups. Rev s is currently in hiding until the wife's birthday passes lol, I'll post some pics once I unboxed it. She would flip knowing I bought another skimmer.
      The mag cleaner is bad ass and super strong, using for the front pane only in fear of cracking the glass trying to jump it to the sides. I'll be using separate mags for the sides.
      Started measuring and prepping plumbing for the chiller and snapped a locline fitting, didn't have a back up on hand so back to aw for a replacement.

This is how far I got, just have to replace the locline to barb connection and should be good to go on setting up the chiller.

Other than that diatoms are popping up all over, clean up crew ordered and things seem okay for the moment. I still am having issues updating my apex to the current software and getting fusion to stay logged in. I have a mac and the ip address keeps changing causing issues with the update, I need to open a ticket and get some tech support setting up a fixed ip address and have them ping my apex. But probes are hooked up and calibrated so that's nice.
      Well cell is about to die, I will update more as tank progresses, thanks for checking out my build... cheers

I am:
      Piratey

New fts, new car, skimmer dialed in
      Can mods please move this thread to member builds?

Also traded some equip for a few monti and pavona frags, he got a steal of a deal, but cool dude and was trying to help him out a lil, that's what it's all about imo, helping each other out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information