• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: 63g CAD Lights Rimless Tank

specvjeff is offline SDMAS President/SDR Mod
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

63g CAD Lights Rimless Tank

After the move, I noticed a small chip in the tank I had set up. I sent pictures and a very detailed description of the chip to Leemar and, they have assured me it's safe to fill but I decided to use this as an excuse to replace the tank. I have long been unhappy with my existing tank. The main thing I didn't like about it was having an overflow box in the tank. I have wanted to go with an external overflow for some time and, finally decided to go for it. I ordered another 36"x20"x20" rimless tank from CAD Lights. CAD Lights has caught my attention recently. They build very high quality aquariums and their product line that includes; protein skimmers, and media reactors is very innovative.

The tank will have a 12" external overflow with three 1" bulkheads to accommodate the beananimal style drain that I will be using. Two 3/4" returns will be drilled directly into the back of the back panel. I opted again to not use Starphire glass. I've personally never been able to notice a difference between the two. The one time I had a Starphire tank, the glass scratched very easily.

Once the tank is finished, the set up will go rather quickly. I already have everything I need in order to get the tank up and running. I will be keeping the Super Reef Octopus xp1000sss skimmer. The only thing I may consider changing is the return pump. With having the split returns, the Water Blaster 3500 I have now may not supply enough flow with the extra distance it has to go with the split returns. The sump is still the 24"x14"x16" sump that AquaC built. The tank will be controlled by the Apex that I won at MACNA. Flow will be handled by two wireless Ecotech Vortech MP10's. The tank will be lit by a 36" 6 bulb Tek Elite T5 fixture. T5's will be new to me as I've never used them on a personal tank.

Hopefully the tank will be here soon!
      Last edited by specvjeff; 10-11-2013 at 12:07 AM.
      Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

jada1 is offline SDMAS STAFF
      My status is: chill

I am:
      Crazy

Nice...
      My build in progress
      125gallon Leemar rimless 48x30x20 starphire, 48 Ati Hybrid, Ghl /Apex dos, powered by an Apex, ecotech, tunze for flow,
      Custom sump made by me.
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...ew-Beginning.-.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information