• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Powder blue tang mini school

socal619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Tripping on shrooms

I am:
      Crazy

sucks man. when i upgrade im gonna try to run two achillies seen one the other day beautiful fish, powders blue are sweet too

cutterx23 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Ya when I got my powders I saw a gorgeous Achilles unfortunately for me it was already sold. I've always heard and read that when doing groups it's generally better for 3+ rather than just a pair, that was why I got the three powder blues instead of a pair. I'd love to try a trio of Achilles too. That'd be the sexiest tank ever lol

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

[QUOTE=cutterx23;823630]Got a trio of powder blues for my FOWLR restock, hoping they all play nice together. Last night they all hung out in the same cave, was kinda cool seeing them stick together. Hopefully they bond together to stay safe from the passer angel that's the boss. Also saw the most amazing Achilles tang at VP yesterday, so whoever bought that, you are very very lucky!!! I almost just grabbed it out of the tank and ran lol ...

oh nice, did Chris finally pick up my Achilles? Paid a premium for him to buy a great specimen and QT it for me....it's been a few months as I heard he wasn't finding any good ones up in LA. Wonder if this one came back from his trip to Hawaii

Miss my PBT too though
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Yes if that was yours there he got that one from a new guy he's trying to deal with in Hawaii. The fish was GORGEOUS!!!! Fully developed tear drop, perfect specimen. It took all my goodness not to reach in grab it and run out

SDguy is offline Site Moderator
      My status is: All good

I am:
      Geeky

How is this going? I've seen PBT's in pairs in coral reef documentaries and always wondered if it could be done in the aquarium...
      Peter

Salty fingers since 1989. Current tanks: 240g FOWLR, 15g QT.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Unfortunately it did not go well. Started off with the two more dominant pbt's harassing the third and the first one died within a few days. After that I thought it was going to be fine, but after a few weeks, the two started battling it out, doing swim by spearing to each other. And then one disappeared, and then the other. So total loss in the end... But given another chance with pbt's at a good price I'd possibly try again. They went into a 120 FOWLR to grow a little, but I think with a little larger tank it might be possible to be successful, also I'd qt them this time and put a divider so they get used to being around each other while they get strong enough to go in the DT. So a few little changes, I think it could still be done. But fish whisperer Peter could probably make it happen in that FOWLR of yours, just put that mojo you put on all your other amazing fish. Btw I'm extremely jealous of those new butterflies you got!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information