• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Returning to reefing

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Water test went well. All I had leak was a bulkhead on the sump for an external pump. I'm gonna tighten those down and maybe even seal them in. Im amazed at how quiet the Diablo pump is. The slow speed ramp up is a nice touch too. +1 to the Diablo DC pumps.

Getting the hob fuge to work was interesting too. I got it to work withonly minor modifications. Luckily for me the return bulkhead at the the top of the overflow box flows directly into the drain for the fuge. I could easily control the amount of water going into the fuge with the valve I had placed in the drain line.
      Next up skimmer upgrade time. I sold the BM NAC7 to get something bigger with more umph. Im leaning towards the RLSS 6 or 8, or the Diablo with an 8" body. Hoping there are going to be some sales on Labor day to get a bit of a price break.
      Last edited by pirate2876; 08-26-2013 at 01:07 PM.
      nada...:cry:

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Picked up a seaswirl for the return. I have always liked these for random flow.

I also Velcro-ed all the controllers. I saved room for the skimmer controller, and the RKL.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Finally got around to connecting the power cables and strips. Honestly, I am unhappy with how disorganized they look. Now the Cabinet looks like its full of black power cords, all snaked together. I may end up removing some of the controllers and install them on the other side of the cabinet. No pics because I don't like how it looks.

I did get my skimmer today. Im hoping this behemoth fits in me sump(it should). Overall the quality is impressive, and it only took me about 10 minutes of tinkering to set it up. Wish me luck on this beast.

Coke can for size reference. And because I like Coke, and I am blatantly endorsing there product.

Noobie_fish is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sweet. Is that the Skimz?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie_fish View Post
      Sweet. Is that the Skimz?
      Yes sir. The SM 203 i believe.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

The skimmer fit!! Im glad I went with the smallest footprint available with an 8" body. I cant wait to plug that sucker in.

Notice the plethora of black cables and connections? I tried my best to cable tie all the cables down, but it still looks like crap. At least nothing will be siting on the cabinet floor. Everything is mounted to the side with Velcro. Anyone have any ideas for reducing cable clutter?

Im going to try and work on moving the tank inside this weekend. I also need to do a minor repair on the canopy this weekend as well. Getting closer to water at least..
      Last edited by pirate2876; 09-06-2013 at 12:37 PM.

teddyboy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Awesome tank! I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus. I had a 50 acrylic regular of which almost all the equipment I kept except the tank and stand. I'm glad I held on too those items! I'm going to set up a 75 which is big enough for me, and the cost will be (somewhat) reasonable with what I already have and what I've bought from people off the forum. I'm subscribing to your thread. I like your set up.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Quote Originally Posted by teddyboy View Post
      Awesome tank! I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus. I had a 50 acrylic regular of which almost all the equipment I kept except the tank and stand. I'm glad I held on too those items! I'm going to set up a 75 which is big enough for me, and the cost will be (somewhat) reasonable with what I already have and what I've bought from people off the forum. I'm subscribing to your thread. I like your set up.
      Thanks! Your also right up the hill from me. I live in Fairmont Park off Crenshaw. If you ever want to come check out the tank let me know, cheers.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Oh thank you! I would like to see you tank. Hopefully soon schedules permitting. Yes you are close by.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Electrician comes this weekend. May have water in it by Sunday..

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Yay! :-) I just scored a Apex Controller that I have to pick up tomorrow. It's the one for $500. I'm buying it for $350. It's missing the ph probe and has a small crack on the Led display housing, but it's functional. It actually looks practically brand new. I've saved a ton of money so far buying used equipment vs buying new.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

It Lives!!

Finally got everything hooked up and running. I have a couple issues though. The sump seems to have a small leak somewhere. I can find where exactly though. I had left a towel next to the sump and noticed it was wet the next day. 3 days so far and towels keep ending up wet in the AM. Nothing super bad, but still worrisome.

I also had some issues with noise from the mp-10's and Tunze. The Tunze was awful for a 2 days and now seems to have settled down. I can hear when the controller changes flow rate though. One of the Mp-10's has a significant rattle sound as well. It may be the wet end. I replaced everything on it but the housing, I may do that later. I am hoping with a little time things will settle down.

This skimmer is a beast. Started skimming right away, even with nothing in the tank. Figuring out how to tweak it was interesting. With no directions or instructions I had to tinker for a bit to get it about right. unfortunately my idea to make the RLSS reactor into a bio-pellet reactor isnt working well. I think I may just use carbon in the reactor and get a new biopellet reactor.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

So far, so good. Tank so far is very stable. I am slowly stocking it up. So far I have 3 firefish and 3 chromis. I have some Bangai cards and a Midas blenny otw as well. RKL is hooked up and running. I will try and get decent shots in the future.

My favorite piece so far. Crazy bright yuma from ASD. Pics do no justice for all the rainbow colors in this guy.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Lookin good so far man!
      There's a fine line between owning your tank, and having your tank own you!_________________________________________

120G SCA starfire, tunze 1073.02 return pump, Geisemann reflexx 4xT5, 2x panorama pro LED strips, 2x Vortech MP 20's, 40g sump w/ fuge.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Quote Originally Posted by davocean View Post
      Lookin good so far man!
      Thanks Dave. The pieces I got from you are doing great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information