• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: What's in your trunk?? JBJ Nanocube DX

Starrmsp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

What's in your trunk?? JBJ Nanocube DX

I have a 12g JBJ Nanocube DX (LED & Stock everything)

What do you all keep in your back chambers? I currently have everything that came with the tank. I'm experiencing high Nitrate with Ammonia and Nitrite at zero zero. PH seems to run a little low at 7.8-8.0. I have live rock, live sand, two small fish, 3 snails and 5 hermits. Water changes do not seem to help be helping the nitrate problem.

I'm contemplating removing everything from the back chambers, sponge, Bio Balls, Ceramic Rings, all of it except the heater and return pump. Also can't seem to get the little skimmer thing that came with it to stay put, it always slides up creating low flow to the back chambers. I'm worried it might cause the pump chamber to run low. Is that okay or am I doing something wrong with my install?

slicktoppomp is offline Registered User
      My status is: So you mean i can write
      anything here??

I am:
      Down

When i had my nano cube all i ran in the back was a sponge a bio cube skimmer in the first compartment. Chemi pure elite along with some live rock rubble in the second. Another good product to use on small tanks like that Purigen. Purigen helps soak up nitrate, nitrite and ammonia. I would ditch the bio balls. Keep fiddling with the skimmer. It takes a while to get it dialed in. After a while though i just ditched the skimmer also. I hated replacing the air stone and having to dial it in again. Just keep up on water changes. I did maybe 3 gallons a week on my 12.
      Last edited by slicktoppomp; 04-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.
      [COLOR="#FF8C00"][SIZE=4]Yea... Don't touch my Mag Float.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
      [URL="http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?86511-My-New-70-Gallon!!-)&highlight="][SIZE=3][COLOR="#800080"][B]70 Gallon[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
      [URL="http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?86906-Pinstriping&highlight="][SIZE=3][COLOR="#800080"][B]Pinstriping[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

nita is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Paradise Hills couple miles east of DT SD
      Quote Originally Posted by slicktoppomp View Post
      When i had my nano cube all i ran in the back was a sponge a bio cube skimmer in the first compartment. Chemi pure elite along with some live rock rubble in the second. Another good product to use on small tanks like that Purigen. Purigen helps soak up nitrate, nitrite and ammonia. I would ditch the bio balls. Keep fiddling with the skimmer. It takes a while to get it dialed in.
      +1 - i agree

onyong4u is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by slicktoppomp View Post
      When i had my nano cube all i ran in the back was a sponge a bio cube skimmer in the first compartment. Chemi pure elite along with some live rock rubble in the second. Another good product to use on small tanks like that Purigen. Purigen helps soak up nitrate, nitrite and ammonia. I would ditch the bio balls. Keep fiddling with the skimmer. It takes a while to get it dialed in. After a while though i just ditched the skimmer also. I hated replacing the air stone and having to dial it in again. Just keep up on water changes. I did maybe 3 gallons a week on my 12.
      + 1 but you do not really need a skimmer for such a small tank. Water changes is a must! I say weekly WC to lower the nitrate and phosphate and bad nutrients.

I have a 14g Biocube that I am working on. Just finished the stand and working on how to hang the Par38 with Ikea pendant. My plan is no skimmer, just LR rubble maybe carbon and WC! oh and very lite feeding.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information