PDA

View Full Version : Need an eye exam?

EyeReef
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Sdreefs
I just opened up my own private practice in Kearny Mesa. Literally walking distance from AquaSD.
I want to extend a promotion for those sdreefers who do not have vision insurance and are over due for a check up.
Eye exam with out dilation is $50
Soft contact lens fit for $75 which includes eye exam
Soft toric contact lens fit for $95 which includes eye exam

We also take almost every vision insurance out there.
For a limited time, we are offering a $10 GC to AQUASD for ever examination done here.

Jeff our SDMAS president was one of our first patients!
And of course there will be a reef tank in the office in the near future:)

Call the office at 858-565-1001 to setup an appointment. Let them know you are from sdreefs

Like us on facebook for specials and updates
http://www.facebook.com/NewOptixOptometry

antoneoh
03-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Good to know, do you take VSP or Metlife?

Rob619
03-01-2013, 11:33 AM
yea i have vsp and you are just down the street from me as well

specvjeff
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Yup I definitely gave a visit to Mike. Really nice office and Mike was great. Can't recommend him enough.

SDMAS President
Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

EyeReef
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks Jeff,
We should be a provider for VSP along with other major insurances soon.

mineman
03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
TriCare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LotsaFishies
03-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Congrats! You were supposed to text me a month ago Mike when you opened! Haha

EyeReef
04-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey Sdreefers
New Optix Optometry is having a huge spring sale on all designer sunglasses!
Take 20 percent off any Sunglasses in the large optical
Protect your eyes from harmful UV during this spring and upcoming summer season
We currently carry a huge selection of all the latest and up to date designer frames

Oakleys
Rayban
Tom ford
Prada
Gucci
Tiffany's
Swarovski
Maui Jim's
Diors
Roberto Cavalli
Burberry
Coach
And more!

Coming soon Oliver peoples!

We have a huge selection right now. Sale will last through the weekend.
Eye exam is available as well for the promotional price of 40 dollars. Most sunglasses are Rxable.

We currently accept eyemed, superior vision, and Medicare.
Vsp will be later this month

Call for more info and direction
858-565-1001

XO PRESENTS
04-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I will be calling to make an appointment next week... thanks for the promo deal...

nita
04-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Can you update when you accept VSP please!

EyeReef
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
We are officially providers for VSP :)

wholagan
04-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Nice you guys take eyemed. I was just about to schedule somewhere else. Now I'm calling you.

EyeReef
04-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi we accept eyemed as well.

specvjeff
04-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Dropped by Mike's office and ordered a pair of prescription sunglasses and glasses for driving at night. Great customer service, and a very clean office with state of the art technology. A++++ office in my book! If you want to get an eye exam and talk reef tanks, there's no other place in town to do so!

EyeReef
05-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys,
Just an update on the practice.
We currently accept VSP, EYEMED, SUPERIOR VISION, MES.
We also finally got our 100 gallon rimless tank up and running.
http://www.socalireefs.com/forums/imagehosting/15191455a4b73a.jpg

We would like to do a 100 dollar credit giveaway to one of the members on sdreefs. This credit can be used toward eye exam, glasses, contacts, etc

All you have to do is like us on facebook and post on this thread
https://www.facebook.com/NewOptixOptometry

Winner will be announced on June 1

Thanks again guys!

ajmommy02
05-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Love the new tank!

XO PRESENTS
06-19-2013, 05:41 PM
I went to get my eyes check today... Mike was not there.. but I ran into a close friend of my Steph who works there.. small world.. Dr.Le was extemly helpful and I can not emphasize enough how friendly and great the associates are at New Optix... Mike tell Stephanie I gave her a shout-out !! lol....

EyeReef
06-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Sorry I missed you Ron! I'm out of town but I'm glad they took good care of you.

oceanvw
10-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Took whole family there today and Mike took really good care of us. Many glasses to choose from and great price for everything. Also enjoy the reef tank there. Highly recommended.

nanoreefbro
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
I'll need to check this place out. I need some reading glasses.

EyeReef
10-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I'll need to check this place out. I need some reading glasses.

Stop by anytime. We are open 7 days a week.

Thank you all who have stopped by for glasses and/or eye exams. We will continue to waive the exam insurance copays to all future sdreefers a long with other discounts. If you do not have vision insurance, we have a special rate (lower than costco or walmart) for you, your family and friends. If you have a flex spending account that you need to use up by the end of year, we can help you out with that as well.

Thanks guys and happy reefing!

EyeReef
12-06-2013, 11:33 PM
The deadline to use your medical flex dollars is coming up! Don't let it go to waste. New Optix Optometry has one of the best selections of glasses in town. For those needing new prescription glasses or sunglasses, I can give you the same discount that I give my family members. Send me a pm if you would like an estimate.
Here are the brands that New Optix Optometry carries:

Tom Ford
Burberry
Clip-On's
Coach
Diesel
Dior
Garrison Perspectives
Gucci
Miu Miu
Mont Blanc
Kio Yamato
Konishi
Nike
O&X
Oakley
Persol
Prada
Ray-Ban
Tiffany & Co.

Thanks for the support guys!

We are also having a Tom Ford trunk show this month!
http://www.newoptixoptometry.com/images/slides/slide-trunk-show.jpg

EyeReef
07-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Bump for you reefers who wants to see their corals in hi def :)

Remember to protect your eyes from the harmful UV this summer!

Duke4130
07-23-2014, 07:12 AM
I must say, I just had my eye exam with Michael and the experience was fantastic. Friendly staff and Dr. Tran is great people. Where else can you go and get an eye exam, glasses and talk about reefing with the doctor all in the same place. Very professional and the exam is very precise compared to other optometrists I have been to in the past. All the newest designs of frames from all different types of eye wear companies. Pretty much anything to fit any ones budget. Dr Tran is going to be my go to optometrist from now on. Also a great way to support one of our local hobbyist in their occupation....

Thanks again Doc!!! LOL

SDguy
07-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Great offers, and congrats on the new practice!

To all my buddies needing glasses, welcome to aging :lol:

pirate2876
07-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Do you do lasik or have a recommendation for someone who does? I am thinking about getting my vision corrected.

EyeReef
07-23-2014, 09:43 AM
I must say, I just had my eye exam with Michael and the experience was fantastic. Friendly staff and Dr. Tran is great people. Where else can you go and get an eye exam, glasses and talk about reefing with the doctor all in the same place. Very professional and the exam is very precise compared to other optometrists I have been to in the past. All the newest designs of frames from all different types of eye wear companies. Pretty much anything to fit any ones budget. Dr Tran is going to be my go to optometrist from now on. Also a great way to support one of our local hobbyist in their occupation....

Thanks again Doc!!! LOL

Hah it was nice to meet you too Kevin! It's funny we were so caught up on reef talk that we forgot you were here for an eye exam. Thank you for the support and kind words

Great offers, and congrats on the new practice!

To all my buddies needing glasses, welcome to aging :lol:

LOL. I have a lot of patients who deny they need reading glasses and you see them hold their cell phones 3 feet away to read. Thanks for the congrats!

Do you do lasik or have a recommendation for someone who does? I am thinking about getting my vision corrected.

We work with Clearview. My sister and brother in law just got their LASIK done and extremely pleased. We would do the pre-op stuff and send it over to them. We will be happy to see you.

SDguy
07-23-2014, 09:46 AM
LOL. I have a lot of patients who deny they need reading glasses and you see them hold their cell phones 3 feet away to read. Thanks for the congrats!

LOL, yup... someone told me to go to get an eye exam when the saw me holding my dinner menu at arm's length.

EyeReef
07-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Hey Guys,
For a limited time, we are offering a $10 Gift certificate to Aquasd for each patient examined. So if you have a family of 4, that will be a total of $40 worth of GC you can use at AQUASD. This includes using your vision insurance (VSP, EYEMED, ETC) here as well.
Give us a ring to setup an appointment and mention that you are part sdreefs. Our number at the office is 8585651001

bbandu
08-19-2014, 03:21 PM
What about Tricare prime

EyeReef
08-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Hey Larry,
We are not providers for Tri-care but we do offer military discounts. Just let me know and Ill take care of you.

bbandu
08-20-2014, 09:05 AM
ok thanks

EyeReef
11-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Still have a few $10 GC to AQUASD left. It's almost the end of the year so make sure you guys use your vision insurances and/or FSA to avoid losing the benefits.

specvjeff
11-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Still have a few $10 GC to AQUASD left. It's almost the end of the year so make sure you guys use your vision insurances and/or FSA to avoid losing the benefits.

And you didn't give one to my wife...

SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator

EyeReef
11-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Hah Jeff sorry man I wasn't there to tell them. Stop by and I'll take care of it

XO PRESENTS
06-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Mike,

Great seeing and catching up with you last week. The tank looks AMAZING :), again thanks and see you in a few when I pick up my glasses/contacts !

EyeReef
07-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks Ron! It was great seeing you again as well.

For SDREEFERS! I extend discounts or giftcards to AQUASD even with insurance for every exam. We accept almost all vision insurances!
Come check out our 150g reef!

EyeReef
08-03-2015, 08:38 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/03/1451c440c9eef3a43ffb8ac2345368a4.jpg

LotsaFishies
08-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Mike and New Optix optometry is THE place to go. Mike is very friendly and courteous, has a beautiful office and top-notch optometry equipment, is very proffessional, AND BONUS... Has a KILLER aquarium!

pirate2876
08-18-2015, 09:11 AM
I will be ion to see you on the 26th.

Rudyg308
08-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Nice Im going to see if you guys can check me out. Need to check insurance first 👍

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

bbandu
06-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Mike what's the military discount.

EyeReef
06-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Hey Larry,

Military Eye exam with out dilation is $40
Soft contact lens fit for $65 which includes eye exam
Soft toric contact lens fit for $85 which includes eye exam