PDA

View Full Version : Meeting places needed

SDMAS
02-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Hey guys, as part of the effort to get meetings going again, we want to start off having them at reefers homes again. This was always very popular! With that being said, we need your help! Below I have listed the dates of the meetings. If you are interested in hosting a meeting, please send us a PM with the date you'd like.

THANKS!!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/specvjeff/sdmas_logo2_zps3dac042d.jpg

scubasteve
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
How long are the meetings? How many usually attend? Are there donations required (say if there's food and drinks provided)?

SDMAS
02-10-2013, 06:30 PM
How long are the meetings? How many usually attend? Are there donations required (say if there's food and drinks provided)?

Meetings typically last 2-3 hours. Probably closer to 2. Attendance varies. We've had as few as 5 and as many at 60-75. Meetings at homes usually draw smaller crowds. The club usually provides drinks. It's up to you if you want to provide anything else. No donation is required to attend meetings and you don't have to be a member to attend. Raffle tickets are $1 for members and $2 for non members.

sbarber
02-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Just a suggestion but what about a banquet room at a restaurant or a classroom/lecture hall at Birch Aquarium?

A few big Cichlid organizations have meetings at a Round Table Pizza. Works out as win/win for both organizations.

Also I know there are a few stores that offered to host meetings in the past.
Just my two cents.

scubasteve
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
That sounds fun! A little pizza and coral swap! Lol

SDMAS
02-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Just a suggestion but what about a banquet room at a restaurant or a classroom/lecture hall at Birch Aquarium?

A few big Cichlid organizations have meetings at a Round Table Pizza. Works out as win/win for both organizations.

Also I know there are a few stores that offered to host meetings in the past.
Just my two cents.

We've done that in the past but we've seen a demand for home meetings again. The local fish stores will still get meetings. If you take a look at the schedule, we are skipping every other month. We will have a meeting at a reefers home one month then an SDR SDMAS event at an LFS the following month.

scubasteve
02-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Nice! This should be fun... I like the events, and getting a chance to meet with everyone face to face. :D

march
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Can we volunteer someone else's home... because we want to go see their tank? ;)

...seriously though - I don't have a tank in my house, but I have another idea - PM sent

specvjeff
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Sure, just make sure they are ok with it first :lol:

SDMAS
02-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Bump!!!

goody
02-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately, since they are all Wednesday evenings, I can not hold a meeting at my house due to kids and bedtimes. But, I'm looking forward to going to someone elses house. :)

poakley723
02-13-2013, 08:28 AM
I am down to have people over to see what I have built and maybe swap some frags.

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

MustangBill
02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
I would be willing to open my house for meeting. I have a fair amount space and this just might actually get me off my butt and become a member. :-)

goody
02-13-2013, 05:20 PM
I would be willing to open my house for meeting. I have a fair amount space and this just might actually get me off my butt and become a member. :-)

I believe since you are a sdreefs premium member, you are also an sdmas member.

Octoman4
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
I wish I could have one at my house. .. but I think a crowd wouldn't work here maybe small get together bbq

Vince
02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
I have hooked up with Jon in the past, and hosted two meetings at the other shop in El Cajon. They went pretty well for not being a Aquatic surrounding. We can do it at the shop again If you like..Lmk-- V

DaveMorris
02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
I believe since you are a sdreefs premium member, you are also an sdmas member.

This would in fact be a correct statement. Anyone who has a premium membership on SDReefs.com is also an SDMAS member. So we expect lots of people to come out to these gatherings this year. It is great to get together with fellow reef geeks and solve each other's problems!

scubasteve
02-13-2013, 06:22 PM
What's the average turnout? If it's 20... I might fit.... More than that might get crowded. Lol :D

Sleeved68
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I would be willing to host the May date. LMK.

SDMAS
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I can't promise it would be less than 20 but I think it'll be ok.

SDMAS
02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Thank you so much for the replies so far. Looks like we'll have a few months covered already! I'll post which months are taken as soon as I confirm with the people who replied!

Arnoldtatts
02-13-2013, 11:05 PM
I can have them at my house anytime I can host 20ish people. Only draw back is I'm south of a lot of reefers. Lmk

Arnoldtatts
02-13-2013, 11:06 PM
If I open garage I can have a few tables on drive way

SDMAS
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
You guys are awesome! We now have meeting locations set for the rest of the year! If you are interested in hosting a meeting next year, please send us a PM!

MustangBill
02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
This would in fact be a correct statement. Anyone who has a premium membership on SDReefs.com is also an SDMAS member. So we expect lots of people to come out to these gatherings this year. It is great to get together with fellow reef geeks and solve each other's problems!

Awesome, glad to be member!!

seareef
02-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Nice Jeff. Can't wait!

XO PRESENTS
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Just in case or in an emergancy or something.. I have a lounge room at my apt complex that no one ever uses.. only thing that is a pain in the @ss is that I would need to walk everyone up and down since the evlavtor going goes up or down with a remote... we can always whip up some munchis and drinks.... fit fits up to 30 something comfortably trowing this out there....