PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Sidadel
01-16-2013, 03:56 AM
My name is Brandon and I have been a long time freshwater hobbyist since I was a kid and have just started my first saltwater tank! I set it up on 1/11/2013 and am currently cycling the tank. I cant wait to start adding livestock! My main goals will to have a xenia and have a clown fish/ clown fish pair that hosts in something other than an anemone. I am starting with a 29 gallon tall tank with a hang on back filter (no protein skimmer), a powderhead, heater, and 30 pounds of live rock with an inch sand bed. Im going to add a 120 watt TaoTronics LED lamp after the tank has cycled. I plan on doing weekly water changes between 3-5 gallons using RO/DI water. Ill probably be looking to introduce a cleanup crew and monitor the tanks parameters in a few weeks and after that, be looking for some clowns, xenia, and something to host the clowns.

Here is a picture of my setup. I dont have the heater in yet, it should arrive in the mail soon. Its a photo from my cell phone so dont hate if its a bad picture. Ill get some pictures on the real camera soon.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Brandon

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/btseidel/tn_zps660dac26.jpg

bbandu
01-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Welcome to Sdreefs, There are alot of good people here that have a wealth of knowledge.

sumbudy
01-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Welcome! I agree with Larry, great group of people.

goody
01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Welcome! And I don't think you'll have any trouble finding something to host your clowns. Seen them in and around zoas, sps, softies. You name it, even powerheads. Keep us posted on your tank in the "Members Tanks" forum

jessegarcia28
01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome to Sdr
have fun
jesse

Sidadel
01-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really excited to get into this hobby. My tank is still cycling but I decided to throw in a turbo snail and a hermit crab to give me something to look at :) they are doing really well! I've read the first thing I should start with is a good cleanup crew. What would everyone recommend I start with and where should I buy them? I've been looking online and am not sure if I should order online or go to a LFS. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Once the tank is cycled and get some more livestock introduced ill post a picture in the members tanks forum.

Brandon