PDA

View Full Version : Any Anime fans out there? Got any Good Anime Suggestions?

brahm
05-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I haven't really bought any Anime in the last 5 years or so and was wondering what good flics have come out in the past couple years? I think the last thing I saw was the Cowboy beebop movie maybe 6-7 months back. So whats worth my all might dollar?

hobbs
05-28-2004, 01:39 PM
My personal favorite is Ninja Scroll. It's a classic.

brahm
05-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Yea that movie is awsome but there is so much more out there then just that.

SanDiegoReefs
05-28-2004, 02:04 PM
One of my all time favorites is Trigun.
Pickup the series, you won't be disappointed.
No seriously, go get it today.

Also, Ghost in the Shell and Spriggan are really good.

Others definitely worth watching:
- Princess Mononoke
- Spirited Away
- Cowboy Bebop series
- Rurouni Kenshin series

My old roommate had a pretty big anime collection, and he got me hooked on some of the better ones. Those are about the only ones I've seen, and all were reallly good.

-moore

MarLooney
05-28-2004, 07:01 PM
anything by Masami Obari. (sometimes Oobari) my personal fav anime artist & director.

brahm
05-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by moore
One of my all time favorites is Trigun.
Pickup the series, you won't be disappointed.
No seriously, go get it today.

Also, Ghost in the Shell and Spriggan are really good.

Others definitely worth watching:
- Princess Mononoke
- Spirited Away
- Cowboy Bebop series
- Rurouni Kenshin series

My old roommate had a pretty big anime collection, and he got me hooked on some of the better ones. Those are about the only ones I've seen, and all were reallly good.

-moore

Yea ghost in the shell is great but also an older movie, I haven't seen spirted away I rember the commerical for it.. Cowboybebop is good stuff as well .

speek
05-28-2004, 07:12 PM
my personal fav is princess monoke and ninja scroll not far behind

brahm
05-28-2004, 08:18 PM
now heres one for you guys, did anybody really understand everything that was going on in Akira.. I've watched that movie 1000 times, and I figure maybe i get like 80% of it.

reefsoul
05-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Vampire Princess Miyu (awesome)
esscaflone
evangeleon
FLCL
noir

ninhsavestheday
11-22-2005, 08:04 PM
I just finished Twelve Kingdoms. It's really good. It has become one of my favorites!

my other favorites:
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain

Sackwack
11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah I might get flamed but we like watching the Japanese version of Naruto. The American version is a joke.

maus42
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Brahm, Akira the movie makes very little sense IMHO. The manga on the other hand is quite a different story, not only does it make sense but it's a much bigger story too.

As for good stuff to watch that's come out recently... if you liked Cowboy Bebop you'll like the Samurai Champloo series. I haven't been keeping up w/ the anime too much myself so that's all that really comes to mind :P

*edit* just realized how old this thread is, lol

Reefkeeper
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Princess Mononoke - Definite own
Spirited Away - Definite own
Akira - Definite own
Vampire Hunter D
Steamboy (Interesting to watch once)
Fish police

Wolf's Rain, FLCL (Fooly Cooly), Ghost in the Shell SAC, Cowboy Bepop, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, and even Inuyasha - can all be found on Adult Swim at various times as they cycle through it. There are also a ton of other shows they put on such as Big O, Samurai Champoo, Evagelion etc.

Honestly, its been a while since I bought any anime. I'm constantly watching Adult Swim though. Obviously there is Anime and then standard animation, such as Titan AE and Final Fantasy.

ninhsavestheday
11-23-2005, 02:21 AM
im still a noob, but what makes anime, anime?

has anyone seen serial experiment lain?