PDA

View Full Version : Adding your Location to your Profile

SDRMod
11-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys. If you go into your profile, you can add your location to it. This will allow others to see where you are located at. It shows up in the same spot as your post count on any post you add. This helps others know where you are when you post an item for sale, and prevents them from having to ask where you are located. We see time and time again users not adding their location to their profile, and members replying to your for sale thread asking where you are located. It's not necessary but it definitely helps others when you are selling livestock or equipment. For those replying always look in the upper right hand corner of anyone's for sale post. If the user selling something has their location in their profile it will be there so you don't have to ask.

Thanks!
San Diego Reefs Moderation

50 cube
11-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Awesome. Can you make it mandatory?

Crisneg
11-18-2012, 09:33 PM
They better not make it mandatory! Jk

rudy
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
How will I boost my post count if I don't have to ask for location? :)

N2REEFS
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I have my location listed on my profile and still get people asking for my location. There are just some people that don't get it.:crazy:

This site used to have a map of where each member was located. Any chance that could be brought back?

coral diver
11-21-2012, 07:57 PM
was my post inappropriate?

Vince
11-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Think what JoJo was saying is please add your address--thanks -V

slicktoppomp
11-29-2012, 08:31 PM
This really should be a required thing. Saves a lot of time as well as a useless post. Unless your just here to sell something and not stick around ok. But if your gonna be around for a while and be selling on a usual basis just post you location.

hydrahawk
11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I have my location listed on my profile and still get people asking for my location. There are just some people that don't get it.:crazy:

This site used to have a map of where each member was located. Any chance that could be brought back?

I feel you. Happen to me once or twice.