PDA

View Full Version : My 60g reef

60doublsd
10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
My first saltwater fish tank in the making. its a 60g 24x24x24, wish i had room for bigger but its a good footprint for my first reef tank.

h20poloman
10-21-2012, 10:25 PM
very nice and clean 60XL.....pretty sure that will be my office tank in the near future.

LotsaFishies
10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Very nice!

Very impressive - especially for a first tank! Job well done! It appears you have done your research.

What livestock do you have in there right now, and what are your future plans?

60doublsd
10-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks h20poloman and lotsafishies. I currently have a small livestock in right now. Fish: occelaris, sixline wrasse, mystery wrasse, foxface, flamehawk, yellow watchman and tiger pistol, had a school of green chromis but for some reason they all died except for one. All my other fish have been there since i started the tank. As far as corals i various zoas and palys, gold torch, hammer coral, just picked up a couple pieces from stpatrick here on the forums. They are yellow tort, jason fox satosa, ora orange green tip birdsnest, hawkins echinata. I still learning coral names so excuse my if misname or mispell. I now sps are hard to care for, but i plan to mostly go that route. Im going real slow and watching my parameters closely tho and reading alot about this hobby

davocean
10-22-2012, 07:02 AM
That looks pretty clean.
Those locklines are sitting a bit low, have you tested for power failure/back siphon to see if your sump won't overflow before the siphon breaks?

Saduran86
10-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Very nice and clean! I love the second picture with your dog on the couch :)

unbereefable
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Tank looks good. I know this is off topic, but who did the crop on the dogg. Looks really good. Nice and even.

60doublsd
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
That looks pretty clean.
Those locklines are sitting a bit low, have you tested for power failure/back siphon to see if your sump won't overflow before the siphon breaks?

Thanks dave- yes My sump is big enough to take all the water from back siphoning.

Unbereefable. He was cropped when i got him as a pup. He's a razors edge dog