PDA

View Full Version : Possible trade; My 240gal reef, for A/C in my home

JohnnyAirtime
10-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Call all Reef Junkies who are HVAC guys by trade....

I'm needing/having to sell off my 240Gal Reef tank.
... I'll save the drama as to "why". It's irrelevant at this point.

The idea, would be;
You install a large A/C unit, and replace my gas heater (with a combo unit). Using all my existing ducting.
Covering all needed materials, from start to finish. Including the labor.

I hand you over; Tank, stand, canopy, skimmer, etc.etc. (equal to RETAIL value of A/C/heater unit, materials and labor)
OR... I hand it ALL over to you (livestock, corals, etc.etc.), and you give me cash to cover the difference of my "asking" price and your costs.

I'll allow you to charge me retail, knowing you can get parts at cost or discounted.
And you'd be paying fair-market-value on my items. Of coarse, details ironed out before deal is made.
We can discuss things like "warranty" and other details if and when potential trade is in-the-works.

I'd prefer to do a FULL trade.
But I'd never expect anyone in the HVAC trade to be able to just "pony up" the difference in cash, being I know the costs of A/C install (I've had many quotes by reputable companies over the last few years). I'm just "hoping" for a smooth transaction.

... Sounds easy enough to me, right?!

Here's the current running ad, for my 240Gal Reef to give you an idea of what ALL means;
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/3330230141.html

poakley723
10-11-2012, 10:36 AM
WOW didn't expect to see this!

GLWS its worth every HVAC part.

Bubblehead
10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow! Now I'm sad...

XO PRESENTS
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
This Display tank is one of the most gorgeous tanks I have seen in my life time... who ever can do this trade would be very lucky... I've seen the build and Johnny has invested ALOT of time and money in it... best wishes Johnny....

fishman2012
10-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Makes me wish I was in the A/C business that is a sweet deal for anyone who takes him up on this. It's a sad day when a tank like this leaves anyone.