PDA

View Full Version : need help with apex

Vince16
09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
would anybody be able to help me setup my apex using a NetGear router? I'm not very tech savvy and an pretty lost lol :(.

Vince

h20poloman
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I'd suggest emailing RussM.

RussM
09-07-2012, 05:48 PM
PM on the way

Vince16
09-14-2012, 08:18 AM
My Apex is setup up with the EB8 plugged into the wall outlet and the first bus cord running to my APEX Base unit. The second bus cord runs from the base unit to the head unit. All three units have power but I can't get my computer to recognize the APEX. I did notice on the Apex base model there is a spot for a power plug, and I've looked it up and it's for a 12v power plug. I bought a used APEX and never got the 12v power plug. What is the purpose of this power plug since the Base unit gets power from the bus running from the EB8??

Vince.

RussM
09-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Normally, power for the system is provided by the EneryBar(s). BTW, you said PM2 lasy night when you asked about a power connector - which confused me (not difficult to do!) A 12v AC adpater is entirely optional, and is used when you want to utilize the Apex's advanced power monitoring capabilities. There are 2 primary ways to utilize the 12v adapter:

If you power the 12v adapter (and also your router) through a UPS, the Apex and router will keep running to send you an alarm email in event of a power outage. This is the way mot people use it if they use a 12v adapter. The more advanced way of doing it is to power one or more EnergyBars via a bigger UPS, and use the aux power supply as a sensor plugged into normal power; if the Apex senses loss of power on the aux power port, it can shut down outlets as needed, leaving only critical devices running in order to maximize the runtime of the UPS.