PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix

wildtigg3r
08-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been using this salt mix for over 6 months now. The salt mix is pretty good in my opinion but every time I do water change and mix the salt, the salt mix leaves a hard coating/deposit on my mixing container, heater, and water pump that I have to scrub off after each batch.

Over this past weekend, I did another water change and the water pump I used for mixing stopped working because there were so much coating/deposit from the salt. Had to switch to another pump.

Just curious if anyone else has the same issues?

Thanks.

Vince
08-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been using this salt mix for over 6 months now. The salt mix is pretty good in my opinion but every time I do water change and mix the salt, the salt mix leaves a hard coating/deposit on my mixing container, heater, and water pump that I have to scrub off after each batch.

Over this past weekend, I did another water change and the water pump I used for mixing stopped working because there were so much coating/deposit from the salt. Had to switch to another pump.

Just curious if anyone else has the same issues?

Thanks.

+`1 on that, it is my understanding that tropic marin does not leave this coating. Hope this helps.

x3thelast
08-27-2012, 07:19 AM
U have to slowly add the salt to where it's dissolved before it reaches the bottom. And don't heat the water til after all the salt is mixed already.

The build up is the calcium precipitating.

goody
08-27-2012, 04:31 PM
So will this not occur if you don't heat the water? I just started using this salt, and slowly added the salt to my brute trash can. Let it mix for about 24hrs before adding to my tank. I didn't notice any residue.

h20poloman
08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
When I've dumped the salt in I've had a strong residue but like previous poster said, add slow with strong flow and no issues with it