PDA

View Full Version : wow 30 people on today?

BlueLagoonSD
05-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Its amazing how this little website is coming along. Grew to over 200+ members in a couple of months. Wonder where our little administration moore might be? Havent heard from him in a while. Hope he busy at work with may's tank of the month...opps i mean june:p

ricestudios
05-25-2004, 04:20 PM
hell ya, i just found this forum last night and im on it like every 20 mins. at home and at work lol! this place is kewl.

jetor
05-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey there go easy on those TOTM cracks.........I heard it is not all that easy to sit down and type out everything bout ones tank.....didn't help that person went to Hawaii for two weeks and was frantically trying to get things at work wrapped up......

suver569
05-25-2004, 05:26 PM
A few of us have been recruiting people from RC.com too :)

SDMike
05-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by suver569
A few of us have been recruiting people from RC.com too :)

Not to mention every time I walk into AW...

"Hey! You heard about SDReefs.com?" You'd be surprised how many people HAVEN'T heard about this site.

M

brahm
05-25-2004, 06:58 PM
well lets be honest 25 of the logins were by me in the last hour.

ninhsavestheday
05-25-2004, 07:19 PM
lets make flyers and t-shirts! PROMOTE!!!

bler
05-25-2004, 07:36 PM
there's a t-shirt shop down by pet kingdom that does custom logo'd shirts.. I got one of the prefab'd SCUBA logos put on one for $4 and that was for the shirt and logo pressed on.. so i'm sure it wouldnt be more then like $8-9 for a custom one..

i'd be down to design something cool, but I don't have the $$ to come up with the money to buy a few dozen to sell..

SanDiegoReefs
05-25-2004, 08:28 PM
BlueLagoon: I'm here.... somewhere... hiding out. Finals have a way of making a person disappear. But really, who're you calling small?

I'm glad to see the site is taking off, over 200+ since last Fall is not bad. When I started this thing, I wasn't sure if there'd be enough interest in it, guess I was wrong! I remember PM'ing people on Nano-Reef, begging them to check out the site, ha.

Jetor just sent me his full tank info, and I'm working on the TOTM page. It should be done when I'm done with finals, so we'll just call it June's Tank of the Month... *sigh*

When I get back in August, we're going to have to throw an SDReefs BBQ. Leave your frags at home... and just come hang out. Those fragswaps are way too weird for me, we're going to have a more social gathering. Nametags, food, refreshments, pinatas, video games, whatever... I dunno what people are into, but we'll do something fun. Or we could all go play paintball if you guys are up for it, ha.

-moore

Go Hernando
05-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Ha. You GUYS go do that manly stuff while the three of us girls on here will go shopping and get our nails done all purdy after looking at each other's tanks. ;)

SDRotary
05-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SDMike
Not to mention every time I walk into AW...

"Hey! You heard about SDReefs.com?" You'd be surprised how many people HAVEN'T heard about this site.

M

Same thing here, I found a young man, ~15 or so talking to the guys @ AW for some exhorbonate prices to start a reef and when they walked away I told him to come by this site and pick up a better tank for 1/4 the price, he seemed stoked but I dont know if he ever came. I also tell the guys on my fw forum about us if they are in SD.

BlueLagoonSD
05-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Since a lot of words are spread at aquatic warehouse...how many of you guys actually heard of sdreefs from brahm or any other fellow board members?

BlueLagoonSD
05-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Not to sure about t-shirts. But flyers are a cheaper alternative. You can pass them out to people at aquatic warehouse..stick it in their car windows...etc....

TommyD
05-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Hey; I'm in for a paintball adventure!! And it's not just for guys; there are a lot of girls with pretty nails that can shoot better than some of the guys with $2000 guns.

And Yes; I also stumbled upon this site from RC;

We should have a link on this site that prints out an 8X10" piece of paper you can cut into business cards. Then when you go somewhere fishy; keep 'em in your pocket and hand them out 'to those in need' :)

ricestudios
05-26-2004, 06:59 AM
bumper stickers! or window decals! i mean really now, i know you read them when your at a stop and the car in front of you has some.

SanDiegoReefs
05-26-2004, 02:29 PM
I moved all the AW stuff to a new thread under LFS.
http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=949

You guys and your AW talk... taking over every thread that mentions it. (*cough* Fred)

Hah..

-moore

Go Hernando
05-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah i know we chicks could play too. I tried a couple of times and had a blast. I was mostly being sarcastic 'cus I don't really like shopping and all that stuff. However, I did just get my nails done for a roommate-bonding thing costing $40 so that part was slightly true.

I heard of this place from THEE Moore himself. Lucky me.

I agree with the little card thing 'cus that would be more discreet than the flyers and AW would ban lots of us if they knew. That's what I think.

ConUSsd
05-26-2004, 03:38 PM
with all this talk about aw, you gotta wonder if anybody that works there is a member of the site or reads some of the stuff on this site.

SanDiegoReefs
05-26-2004, 07:49 PM
I agree with the little card thing 'cus that would be more discreet than the flyers and AW would ban lots of us if they knew. That's what I think.

Go Hernando: Hah, that's a good point. I wouldn't want a big WANTED poster of myself on the wall at AW. I mean, as much as I dislike them, they come in handy sometimes when I need something right away.

On a side note:
I'm willing to bet that Sokal sits down at his computer every night, goes to sdreefs.com, and searches for "Aquatic Warehouse" or "AW" and responds to every post that comes up.

Fred, just burn the place down already and get it over with... ha.

-moore

bler
05-26-2004, 08:46 PM
I highly doubt AW would allow us to place flyers IN their store..

the only place appropriate would be at scripps peir, witch is public..

MrKrispy
05-26-2004, 11:58 PM
if an employee from AW visits this site it is even worse because the service hasn't gotten any better. Still, there are a couple of people there that are good.

A flyer at Scripps is a damn good idea.... wonder how often LFS peoples will rip it down...