PDA

View Full Version : Why hello there!

Dugaru
07-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey all, I am new to SD Reefs - recommended here by my brother-in-law (don't know his site handle). I am new to saltwater keeping though I have been keeping fresh water for about 6 or so months now. I am pretty stoked to get into the hobby and was able to get some great deals today through both an SD Reef member (Esco reef) as well as a sponsor (thanks for the great deal on the skimmer, JoJo). I also had the pleasure of meeting Dave at Aquatica in San Marcos. That place is legit and I am stoked that there is such a high quality place so much closer to home than Clairmont!

No tank pics yet as I just picked it up today, but it is a 45 gallon cube with weir-based overflow. I'll be running an ~10-15 gallon sump using an AquaTop 740GPH return pump and the SC150 protein skimmer I got a Goldfish World (gotta buy the Red Devil impeller, the original one is having the, apparently, typical issues that those pumps have). Still gotta get the sump divided, run plumbing, buy/cure live rock, as well as build a hood with built-in LEDs (likely ~18ish CREE LEDs from RapidLED.com on multiple drivers to simulate natural light). After setup, I will be keeping mostly soft corals, LPS and fish (excluding clean-up crew).

Anyways - I'll do my best not to lurk and ask questions whenever they come up. My experience with the community has so far been great and I am excited to get started and hopefully get to know some of you a bit better :-)

Oh yeah.. about me.. I grew up in Scripps Ranch, went to school in San Luis Obispo and currently live in San Marcos. I work in IT at a company in Carlsbad. I enjoy playing video games, hanging out with friends and family and, of course messing around with my fishies :-)

slicktoppomp
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D

anothereefer
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
welcome to SDreefs!!!..If you do have a question..just post it up in the right thread and you should get an answer or pointed in the right direction pretty quickly!!..With reefing it's better to know than to try and fail..We're all ready to help out any way we can!!..

ed

50 cube
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the club!!! I'm close by in Escondido if you need anything.

Vince
08-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Welcome to SDreefs--- good peeps here any questions fire away!!

AFUreef
08-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the addiction!!!!!!

nanoreef1
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Welcome to SDR:DIm in Escondido if you ever need any help in your tanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Esco reef
10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah escondido reefers rock !!!!!! :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

nanoreefbro
10-07-2012, 09:41 PM
:welcome:Welcome to SDREEFS!!!