PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to introduce myself...

SDBorn
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone, names Joe and I am new to all this. Other than the few goldfish, beta's, and Oscar's (not in the same tank;)) as a child my aquaria knowledge is extremely limited prior to finding this (and a few other) forum/s. Wanted to say thanks to SDReefs for the wealth of knowledge on this board. Looking forward to contacting/meeting a few of you when I venture into corals in the near future, which I'm nervously excited about.

Found a few LFS via this site that have also been very helpful. Mainly, San Diego Aquarium Rock (can't believe how close they are to my home), Pet Kingdom, and Aquatic Warehouse. Thanks for all your help as well.

My DT has been up and cycled for about 3+ months. Here is my current setup;
90gal Acrylic AIO - FOWLR (for now), with built in protein skimmer. 2x Hydor Koralia 1050's, 80lbs. LS., 90lbs LR., SG @ 1.024, Temp @ 77.5-78.7f. avg.
Inhabitants = 6 Line Wrasse, Royal Gramma, and 3x Blue-Green Chromis. CUC = 2x Cleaner Shrimp, Snails, and Hermit Crabs.

30gal glass QT w/ HOB filter, and Marineland 900 powerhead. 3" PVC 'Y' pipe.

XO PRESENTS
06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi Joe..
Welcome to the boards, as you might know there are a ton of good fellow reefers on here who are always willing to help. We have several meetings coming up at some LFS and a beach clean up on Sunday September 9th. Again, welcome and enjoy the hobby brother.

Reef Dreams
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
welcome to sdr be sure to come and visit me :) lol tons of helpful info on this site as well

SDBorn
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
@Ron, thanks for the info and words of encouragement.

@Derek, thanks as well. Will definitely make an effort to stop by soon.

Brian_reefragr
06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the site, and good luck on the new tank!