PDA

View Full Version : First Fish in new tank question

cardiffkook
05-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey guys just put my first fish in the new tank. I put in two clowns. The clowns seem to be doing fine - swimming, even ate a little bit of food, with the exception that they are not leaving the front of my tank? They are staying right up against the front glass of the aquarium. It's been a full day now and they haven't even gone to the rest of the tank? They have mostly stayed in one corner almost exclusively but one did go to the other front corner of the tank. Am I being overly concerned, or should I be worried?

david1
05-21-2012, 11:44 AM
no worries my clowns do that 2

bbandu
05-21-2012, 11:54 AM
clowns will do that, no need to worry they will venture out to the rest of the tank.

cardiffkook
05-21-2012, 12:04 PM
thanks guys - should have just put them in a fish bowl instead of the tank :)

echoreef
05-21-2012, 02:02 PM
How big is your tank? Once your tank matures, it's nice to have an anemone for them to stay in. My clowns never go far from the anemone. Another odd behavior of clowns is that they sometime lay sideway at the bottom of the tank on the sand. I thought it was dead, but nope. Just clowning around.

rman
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I never really thought about it, but my clowns stay at the front only. They are pigs too! Just about jump out when I go to feed them!

Sent from my pager

cardiffkook
05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
It's a 150 gallon 48x30x24. So funny because I was excited to see them explore my aquascape and they literally haven't even gone next to the rocks. Looks like they are just clowing around - I know bad joke but couldn't resist