PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hi.

Darkstar
04-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I've been in the hobby for about 10-12 years. Just moved to the San Diego area because of my wife's job(Navy). Sold everything I had back in Kansas, so I will be starting fresh...well once I find a job will be starting fresh, unless i find a heck of deal on some used stuff before then. Looking forward to getting to know the local reef community.

Yolo
04-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Brian,

You will certainly find everything you need here to get a tank back up and running not to mention the live goods should be a bit less expensive than in Kansas.

Good luck with the Job Search and keep us posted in the Members Tank Section once you get up and running.

Welcome to the Forum!

Mike

jessegarcia28
04-23-2012, 08:20 AM
:welcome: to SDreefs
jesse

XO PRESENTS
04-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the Boards bud,
Plenty of great fellow reefers on here to assist if you ever have questions + smoking great deals on the for sale section. Best of luck on your search and if you need anything.. don't be shy to ask.

LotsaFishies
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Welcome welcome! SanDiegoReefs is a fantastic community with a lot of friendly, knowledgable people -- glad to have you aboard?

What size tanks have you had in the past, and what size are you hoping to start back up?

junkie
04-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Welcome aboard, always good to see another reefing veteran come along. Plenty of great people around here. Best of luck getting your hands salty again!
-Rob

Darkstar
04-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome welcome! SanDiegoReefs is a fantastic community with a lot of friendly, knowledgable people -- glad to have you aboard?

What size tanks have you had in the past, and what size are you hoping to start back up?

I have had a 90g reef, 46 bow front, and a couple of Nano's. I'm hoping to do something in the 40-60 gallon range here, well maybe two tanks. I've always wanted to try my hand at seahorses, possibly breeding, but that will be later on.

Brian_reefragr
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Welcome to San Diego, and SDReefs, glad to have you with us! This is a great forum to be a part of, quite a bit of info here and great deals on all kinds of different things. Where are you guys located? There are a couple clubs that have fun events you can get in on too, SDMAS for reefers down in SD, and NCRMAS for those of us that live in North County. Best of luck to you on the new endeavors.

Darkstar
04-23-2012, 08:43 PM
We chose Santee, partially for the price, partially because our son is big into BMX. I am no longer tankless now as well. Bought Vick's 40g cube setup tonight.

specvjeff
04-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Welcome to SD Reefs! Like Yolo (Mike) said, you'll find all kinds of deals from private users and from our many sponsors.

San Diego Reefs Moderator
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2