PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water

reefster
04-15-2012, 03:49 PM
So, had a friend stay the night at my house last night in the guest room, she decided that the tank was too noisy and pulled the main plug in the middle of the night....worst part is a couple days ago I removed the check valve on the return because I felt the one I had restricted the flow. Probably overflowed about 4-5 gallons outa the sump tank onto the floor....bummer, but anyways now my tank is suuuuper cloudy, so I did
A 10 gallon change (replaced 5) and 6 hours later still really cloudy! Ideas? Because i'm out of them...Thanks guys!

moerena
04-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you running carbon? How's your skimmer looking? I would run carbon and skim a little wet. I also use filter floss when i see my water has a lot of particles floating around.

reefster
04-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah I got chemi pro elite in the sump, cpr backpack which is getting good bubbles, but yeah, by wet im assuming you mean adjust a little deeper on the head if the foam, thanks i'll try that. I do have a sock on there but it seems like nothing is helping...
by the way its a 40 gal that's been up for about 2 months.

baldbean
04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
What color is the cloudiness? White or Green? With the lights on, does the cloudiness get worse later in the day as opposed to just before they turn on?