PDA

View Full Version : will be moving to sd on the 8th of april

c5formula
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
so myself along with my wife will be moving to SD here in a couple of days as ive just been stationed at MCAS Miramar. Im hoping to enjoy it here as all im used to is south Mississippi. We had a pretty nice 100g saltwater reef setup but broke it down an sold all of the live stock to keep from moving it. we will be looking to set it back up once we arrive an would love some help finding new fish an corals. any advice on where to go an what to look for? thanks guys an girls. oh an my name is alonzo, wifes name is april. nice to meet you all.

this was our tank before we took it down

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/c5formula/IMG_0011.jpg

jt_milstead
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for serving our country!!!!

c5formula
04-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for serving our country!!!!

thanks an no problem i enjoy it :)

jt_milstead
04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
thanks an no problem i enjoy it :)
Did my time....I was with the First Cavalry Division, and First Special Forces group back in the day....

jessegarcia28
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Welcome to SDr! and this is a great place to get back in to the game:)
you can always find great deals here on livestock/equipment + don't forget we have free filtered saltwater in la jolla]
gl
jesse

specvjeff
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum! You'll find all kinds of goodies for sale by members and our sponsors. There is no shortage of livestock!

SanDiegoReefs.com Moderator
Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

erikk
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Welcome to SDR. Thank you for your service.

jmoney619
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome to SDR. Try to find a place near Highway 52. It's central and you can access just about anywhere in San Diego fairly quickly (Free saltwater at La Jolla, local fish stores, Miramar base, etc.)

LotsaFishies
04-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome welcome!!

Mississippi eh? I have family in Starkville... Go Bulldogs!

fishamigo
04-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Hello Alonzo,
You are halfway there because you've obviously hit the right forum with a lot of cool folks. When you find a tank (probably on this site), hit me up and I'll hook you up with a couple free frags. Later,

Andres

bbandu
04-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the forum, its already been said, but this is a great place to find all kinds of information. There is also plenty of livestock and equipment that you might need.

You will also find that there are quite a few active and retired military on the forum.

I have done my time 20years retired U.S. Navy.

Thanks for serving

BenthicChick
04-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Welcome! the forum is always full of livestock for sale and there are many great fish stores in san diego as well. As others mentioned, the free filtered salt water in La Jolla is nice.

JohnnyAirtime
04-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome!!!

Once your ready to set it back up... and need plumbing parts - Aquatic Warehouse has the best selection

Once your ready for sand/rock... this site has great deals on live rock (usually $1-3/lb)

Once your ready for coral/fish... this site has good deals all the time on coral frags, and some fish. There's also all types who can get you wholesale fish/coral at "reasonable" prices. And then the local fish stores... some, pretty pricey for large colonies or sizes suited for your tank. BUT, the LFS's to San Diego are; Octopuss Gardens, AquaSD, Aquatic Warehouse; Goldfish World (all centrally located in Kearny Mesa area). Then there's many others in the outlying areas of San Diego; Pet Kingdom, Vets Pets, PetCo (Sports Arena often has good fish deals), SDAquarium Rock
(not in any order of preference... as everyone has their own opinions of each store or wholesale runner. I'll let you be the judge.)

Thanks for supporting our country... now, let's have you relax and enjoy some saltwater in San Diego!!

c5formula
04-04-2012, 04:34 PM
thanks all, yeah i actually live in biloxi ms right now. sounds like ima enjoy this new san diego pretty well, i know my wife will lol. i have also deff noticed that this forum is pretty active an a real active in the for sale section. thanks alot guys an i think my wife is gonna get on in a bit an talk a lil.