PDA

View Full Version : New in San Diego

plankton
03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi guys, I'm new in San Diego and the forum. My name is Kensho and I'm addicted to reefing. This was my 220gal back in Mexico:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/avillax/panoramica.jpg

I sold it 2 years ago and now I'm moving to Escondido, San Diego in April-May and planning to setup a nano, just wanted to say hi and also would like to ask you if you know where can I buy RO water, or at least some commercial water with no phos or silicates near skyview, escondido, san diego.

Thank you.

fishamigo
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Wow you had some pretty healthy acros. You know what you are doing. I hope you grow out a cool SD tank. I'm not sure who sells RO water up north. But one source of natural filtered seawater is the Scripps Pier in La Jolla. Make yourself a trip once a month and you can get all you need.

Bienvenidos a SD Reefs. Mucha gente bueno aqui.

Andres

LotsaFishies
03-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Welcome welcome! Welcome to the boards, to San Diego, and to a fellow Escondido'ian!

What a beautiful aquarium. What are you planning to do with your future nano?

There is a store in Escondido that sells RO water... "Fish Haven". There is also a water kiosk or two called "WaterMill Express" that I have used before that is pretty decent.

jillcaps
03-13-2012, 09:08 PM
and tri city tropical in vista
generally lowest prices in sd, id say

sjames
03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi there and welcome. Good to have another Escondido reefer.

plankton
03-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi guys, I'm gonna be a meditation instructor in Skyview Escondido in case any of you have interest in spirituality and stuff. Yes I think I will setup an 8 gal with LEDs, actually I'm looking for a nice LED lamps and was thinking about getting an AI nano, As far as the tank I want to get an 8gal cadlights nano, but I also wonder if the LFS sell custom made LED lamps and starphire nano tanks, that would be cheaper and perhaps even better.

I might also be setting a frag tank since a friend in Mexico owns a LFS and imports frags from SD he said he could pay me to keep his frags, which would be great too.

By the way jillacaps, that store you were saying is in Chula Vista? thats really close from skyview right?

bbandu
03-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. That was a great looking tank you had and best of luck on your future nano.

and tri city tropical in vista
generally lowest prices in sd, id say

By the way jillacaps, that store you were saying is in Chula Vista? thats really close from skyview right?

The store she is refereing to is in Vista not Chula Vista. Vista is located close to escondido

plankton
03-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi guys, you know what, actually I got my address wrong. It is not in Escondido, it's in El Cajon (CA 92020), that's about 45 min to Escondido.

So now which are my best options in terms of LFS and places to buy RO water or just good commercial water for a reef?. Thanks.

specvjeff
03-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the site! Vets Pets in El Cajon is going to be your best bet for an El Cajon based LFS. They are one of our site sponsors and you can find their address and, phone number there. As for water, if you want no phosphate and silicates look for RO water that has be de-ionized as well. Good luck with your Nano!

plankton
03-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you, so I can also get the water from Vets Pets?. Cheers.

specvjeff
03-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Not 100% sure if they have it or not. Definitely ask them in their sponsor forum located here:

http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?114-Vets-Pets

plankton
03-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank you, you know what I actually checked it on google maps and it's 3 minutes from where I live!, that's amazing. I'm loving SD already.