PDA

View Full Version : Rollbar, Cage and metal Fab- Brahm????

elgordoinavw
05-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Hey everyone anyone know of a good tig welder or metal fab shop that can make a full cage or, rollcage and custom bumpers for a VW Baja project that I want to start when I get home. I believe it is Brahm that has the Cage in a Camaro and was wondering who did the work and how he liked it. Any recommendations would be helpful also I'm looking for a 66-73 VW beetle (not a super beetle) for my project so if anyone has a lead for a cheap one I can chop up let me know. Thanks-

brahm
05-20-2004, 05:35 AM
I took my car to Chucks Pro Street and Race cars out in lakeside. He will only work on drag cars though :(.. There are quite a few Off road shops that will cage up bugs though, I can ask around I can't rember any of them names off the top off my head as I have currently been up since 9am yesterday.

brahm
05-20-2004, 05:36 AM
oh, btw there is a place called Rj Racecars (he has another name to..) NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE.. I can't emphisize that enough.. It will sit there for MONTH on end and nothing will ever get done.

Mike N
05-20-2004, 06:02 AM
I just sold a '67 with full cage and tube frame extensions for the front and rear. It even had the long travel suspension installed :(

elgordoinavw
05-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey Brahm thanks for the heads up-

hey Mike N I may have to get with you once my project gets underway since this is my first baja bug-

tom@kartboy.com
05-20-2004, 03:02 PM
i see you know RJ too.....

Tom

Originally posted by brahm
oh, btw there is a place called Rj Racecars (he has another name to..) NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE.. I can't emphisize that enough.. It will sit there for MONTH on end and nothing will ever get done.

brahm
05-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by tom@kartboy.com
i see you know RJ too.....

Tom

unfortunetly.. First time i went to get a "professional" cage put in my car I made the mistake of brining it to him, about a year later I was still fighting with him to compansate me for the parts that were stolen off my car and to actually START working on the thing.

tom@kartboy.com
05-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by brahm
unfortunetly.. First time i went to get a "professional" cage put in my car I made the mistake of brining it to him, about a year later I was still fighting with him to compansate me for the parts that were stolen off my car and to actually START working on the thing.

sounds about right :(
years ago they did a friend from the bay areas 55 chevy supercomp car. what a POS i wound up cutting 90% out and redoing it
what a shame too.. their tin work was horrid with 0.50' gaps in the sides....

tom

nalbar
05-20-2004, 04:20 PM
'mike's metal works' bought the old chenowith buggy company when the chenowith kid went back to work with his dad. then mike moved the buggy biz next door to his metal biz.

'mikes metal works' should be in the book. hes in el cajon or la mesa.

nalbar