PDA

View Full Version : A newbie

jamey
02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Jamey and I just bought a used aquarium off Craigslist from a super helpful guy who just helped me set it up. It's the JBJ Nano-Cube HQI 28 gallon. It's seems to be a small clean set up, I'm just afraid (or maybe excited) that I'll soon be upgrading to a bigger tank, but I wanted to start simple to see how it goes. Right now it just has sand and some live rock and just started cycling. I've had a couple of freshwater tanks over the years, but this is my first saltwater attempt. I'm looking forward to learning from the folks on here and hopefully having a great aquarium.

Any early advice?

luv4qt1004
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Everyone is going to tell you the same thing. Take your time, be patient and ask a lot of questions. the beginning stages are most difficult because your tank has to cycle and it is boring to watch a tank with only sand and rocks.

slicktoppomp
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Welcome! Someone once told me when i 1st started "There is no escalator with saltwater tanks. You gotta take the stairs." Take it as slow as possible. There is no such thing as a dumb question to ask.

DaveMorris
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
You're right....You will be upgrading to a bigger tank before you know it! :)

Keep talking to people here and don't be afraid to drop by events such as the one this Saturday at Pet Kingdom. Getting together with fellow reef geeks is very beneficial.

specvjeff
02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Start saving your money!

SanDiegoReefs.com Moderator
Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk