PDA

View Full Version : Went a little crazy this week...

Aquatic Warehouse
02-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Well as some of you know we changed some more systems around at the shop and it was time to start filling! About 125+ corals(not frags) in yesterday and some nice fish(some of which I hadn't seen in years). Still have another invert shipment and a few fish shipments later this week. I will have my hands full trying to make sense of all the pricing and fragging for a little so you might have to ask, don't be shy. Thanks again and let me know what else I can do or get for you

-Derek

Yolo
02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Saw the new Corals Tanks going in along with some cool professionally installed plumbing...

Aquatic Warehouse
02-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Saw the new Corals Tanks going in along with some crazy professionally installed plumbing...

I can tell you were in yesterday because now that whole left tank is wall to wall coral haha. Thanks, alot of hard work put into making it right.

-Derek

Yolo
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Interested in those Media Filters in the lower right of the picture. Was talking to Pat about what they are, their benefits, how to incorporate one into a private system. They seem to be keeping a couple of your tanks crystal clear, free of algae...

wildtigg3r
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Interested in those Media Filters in the lower right of the picture. Was talking to Pat about what they are, their benefits, how to incorporate one into a private system. They seem to be keeping a couple of your tanks crystal clear, free of algae...

I think those are... Vertex UF-20 Biopellet Reactors running vertex pellets inoculated with Brightwell Microbacter 7.

Aquatic Warehouse
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
I think those are... Vertex UF-20 Biopellet Reactors running vertex pellets inoculated with Brightwell Microbacter 7.

Dead on. There are a few coral magazines that have articles about it, one is "coral feeding" and the other was this or last months. I always recommend reading up on it first as they are not a band-aid or for everyone :) but yes thud can work if done right!

Yolo
02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Why would I read a coral magazine when I can come there and bend your ear? ;)

Funkateer_1
02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/probiotics-demystified

Here is the article Derek was mentioning.... The newest issue of CORAL also has an excellent article on biopellets though it explains the equipment more than the science behind it.

Hey Derek get off the internet and get to fragging ;D

keoni
02-22-2012, 08:49 AM
+1 on the article

http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/probiotics-demystified

Here is the article Derek was mentioning.... The newest issue of CORAL also has an excellent article on biopellets though it explains the equipment more than the science behind it.

Hey Derek get off the internet and get to fragging ;D

Aquatic Warehouse
02-23-2012, 07:47 AM
It's starting to slowly make sense as far as pricing and still have some killer stuff. More fragging each day, trying to mix it up!

-Derek