PDA

View Full Version : SEARCH Feature.... (process, problems... user error?)

JohnnyAirtime
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
I've got to ask;

I'm a big fan of the search feature on most sites.
Specifically, when looking for something specific to buy. I usually am able to search by a keyword, in that appropriate forum. For example, on this site... It'd be nice to search for "ASM G3" in "For Sale - equipment" (like you can in 'advanced').

I typed in, "ASM-G3" (non advanced) and got nothing found. I tried several of that variation, and still nothing. I even tried one I know is there; "ASM-G1" and got nothing found. I'm a bit confused as to either how to use search, or why it's not finding what I'm looking for via keywords.

I then click on the advanced section, and it's even more confusing. Specifically, because of how it lists specific types of categories. It lists "posts" and "forums", but will still come up with nothing found for "ASM-G1". Even if I select the appropriate section of the site under "search in forums".

Am I doing something wrong? Should I use quotes, or + with the keywords? (I did try both of the following, with zero results; "ASM G2" and +ASM +G2), however when I used the simple name of the pump style "sedra" with no quotes, I got results.... what's going on ya think? Is it too short of a word? 3 letters and under causes an issue?

... I'm not sure if there's a better mod for 'search' functions. But if there is, this site could sure use one... or, ME some TRAINING! ;)