PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into it

wholagan
02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello all. I've been on hiatus from the hobby for 7 years now but seems a lot has changed. I haven't shopped the SD area so any suggestions on where to get a setup at a good price is welcome.

Looking to start a mixed reef tank. Not sure what size but nothing too crazy. Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

Brian_reefragr
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Where are you located? You might want to look in the equipment for sale section.

Elias
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Welcome! There are many great deals out there. Just got to check :)

wholagan
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys. Lots of work ahead but I hope to be up and running soon. The itch has taken hold once again!

bne
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I have a 75 gallon acrylic tank 36"w x 24"d x 18"h
Duel overflows and returns couple buffable scratches.
Metal framed stand. Nice alderwood. Wired for plugs and switches.
40 gallon sump with fuge.
Octopus xtream 250 skimmer
Mag 12 return pump
36" Current outer orbit fixture. 2-150 m/h 4-t5s 18 luner LEDs
9 blue 9 white with hanging kit. ( ceiling mount )
2 phosban reactors and pump.
$600
Ill part out too. Let me know what and I'll give you a price.
Thanks, Bill.
There's pics on the thread. Break down by Bne.
Pm me back if interested.

specvjeff
02-09-2012, 09:03 PM
If you don't mind a used set up you've come to the right place. There are plenty of great deals in the equipment for sale section. If you can't find everything you are looking for, our sponsors section is another great reference for local fish stores and online merchants. You'll find no shortage of livestock available as well. The livestock for sale section and local sponsors always have good deals and quality coral available. Welcome back to the hobby!

NickSDC
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
SDR is definitely the way to go in this hobby. I wouldn't of had as many toys throughout my addiction had it not been for this place. All sorts of goodies @ good prices and lots of friendly helpful reefers. Welcome back!