PDA

View Full Version : moderate flow, lower or at least no direct light

jnicita
02-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I have a jbj28g LED pro (the higher output led nano). I have plenty of spots and idea's for corals to place amongst the various high light / high flow (mp10 and 350+ aio return). However, the way I ended up placing my live rock, has given me a couple locations for some lower light corals. Two locations are about the size of a baseball, the rock overhang above it isnt solid, but pretty solid. So for direct light, there really isn't any, there is reflected light from off the side of the aquarium, but nothing direct. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for glueing into this location, remember, I'd say a baseball (slightly smaller) could fit into these two caverns and only 1/8 of said ball would get light from above (20" depth).

Thanks in advance, I was wondering if a fiji yellow leather (because of no stock) might we okay, (although I had a 300gal reef from 1985-1990, This is a new tank and my first dabble back into it (cycled early 4th q 2011) and the new technologies and not too sure on even where to start in these cave/overhang pockets. Not interested in zoo's, mushrooms, or GPS (have this already in other areas of the tank).

-John

reefer38
02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
sun corals are a lot of work but there pretty cool. put one of those down there!