PDA

View Full Version : My 150 on a 44'' Stand!!!!!!

Sandy Bottoms
01-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey dudes...... Oz here and thought id show you a few pics of the up-grade thats going on at my pad. "Way Custom" stand what was just a bit over shot on the measureing, SO 44'' is the new 40'' stand. ITs cool with me. Im 6'6'' and i want to be eye level with it. SO.... Here is how it is going. More pics to come today and tomorrw.361753617636177 :rock: :party: :party: :what:

saltwater760
01-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Nice you'll be needing a big ladder to get in the tank keep the pics coming

Sandy Bottoms
01-14-2012, 02:24 PM
36181 working on the sides and doors now.

Jarederaj
01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Looks nice what color are you going to finish it in?

Sandy Bottoms
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM
36237......so here it is with all the Ply around it. I was going to leave the back open, But i said awww what the hell. Close it all up. Next will be puddy, sanding, and i may wait to paint it once i get it all plumbed. I have some crazy ideas floating in my head. Also i have over 130 lbs of rock still sitting on my kitchen floor. I really want this up and running so i can do the transfer and be in aww over my new reef tank. I'll keep posting pics. Later dudes.
Oz

seareef
01-16-2012, 03:58 AM
Very nice Oz. Welcome the the tall stand club :). Mine is the same height. Perfect for viewing while standing. Take a look - http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?81193-BFT2000-180-Gallon-4x3x2-Build&highlight=

Sandy Bottoms
01-16-2012, 09:23 AM
I like the color of it. Im prob gunna just paint it black. OR stain it like a dark espresso color. Everything in my house is black, area rugs, micro suede leather couch. Paintings... on light brownish cream walls. So.... and I not that handy with wood so ill be using alot of puddy and dark paint to hide my Fowl ups. LOL.... Ill keep posting pics. Next ill be plumbing this beast. But im super stoked on getting this running. Laters.
oz

keoni
01-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Nice build Oz. let's get some H2O in there.

unbereefable
01-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Tall stand is the only way to go! My 180 is about 41" tall. Although I might put a 3/4" ply platform down to help spread the weight of the tank on carpet. What do you plan to use for lighting?

pinoyreef
01-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I love your stand. Im wondering if you can make me another one L:lol:L. (but Im serious) :theman:

Sandy Bottoms
01-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys for the solutes... :) Ummmm lighting. I'M going to be using 360watts worth of the new L.E.D.'s that we sell in the store. I'm going to suspend 3 units from my ceiling just about 5'' off the water. I don't know how I'm going to do it but it must be clean. This is my "show" tank and i have worked very hard for it. I'm going to be taking the 150+lbs of live rock out of my running 90 cube, sand, Vertex 180 skimmer, the 2, 2500 Korallia power heads on a Ocean Pulse wave maker, and 3 1400 Korallia, two 400w heaters, Media reactor for Phosphate, along with 3 new 15lb bags of Araganite sand, and 150 more lbs of new live rock that I've been curing at the shop for 3 weeks. O... and the umpteen million SPS corals i have as well. hahahahah. Bought a new 60gal acrylic sump with all kinds of baffles and chambers with fuge, (which i wont use) cause I'm against fuges. Going with a semi dsb this time just for the support for the rocks because i don't have any sand sifters and i don't want to disturb the sand bed any more than i will during the move. I'm most likely to paint the stand back or a dark grey with crown molding around it and two doors at the front complete with hardware, but attached with magnets for easy access. I ordered all my plumbing parts yesterday so i hope to start plumbing it tomorrow. Ill be posting pics as soon as it can. Take care guys and remember." If you want it, You will figure a way out to get it."
-OZ-

Sandy Bottoms
01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
hey guys.... tank is up and running, here is a not so good pic of it. the camera on my android suxs. but i will be posting some pics with a camera very soon. so here it is. and the Powder Brown you all are with talking about is at the bottom left nipping at the rocks. Let me know what ya think. Tanks dudes. Oz. 36287

Sandy Bottoms
01-23-2012, 08:20 AM
P.S. some of my corals browned out over the cold water they were sitting in for hrs, didnt have a 4th heater. and the 100g of new water i added. so it was like a 60% water change. O well, didnt lose a fish or a coral, and i still need to hang my 3rd L.E.D. light. Oz

keoni
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM
I couldn't blow up the pic on your previous post so the small pic in your post is all i could view of your new FTS. However, from what I see in the pic, lookin' damn good there.

I got you on the browned out sticks while in transfer. Most important thing is......NO CASUALTIES!!!!!

I just transferred my corals into the new coral flat a few days ago and they too sat in freezing water (didn't have an additional heater as well. transfer didn't go as smooth as I wanted as I did the transfer late night driving from one condo to another).

Post more pics!

mcdonaldtj
01-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Tank is looking awesome, looking forward to more pics, I know what you mean about the brown out of the sticks from the cold water, I had the same problem moving to my 150.

V/Tim

Sandy Bottoms
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
hey guys.... if you want. check me out on facebook. I took a video of my tank, the color is off cause i cant edit the vid. But check me out... and add me if you have a facebook account. www.facebook.com search ship wreck. ill be in a black backwards hat in my pet kingdom shirt. Tanks guys. im into the gym and hot chicks. not computer savay. hahahahahahahahah