PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions or Ideas for Vet's Pets?

Vets Pets
12-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Vet's Pets is going to be moving to a new location later this month and the owner was looking forward to suggestions, comments or ideas that you all may have for our business!

Are there different products you would like to see? More fish or corals? Has something always irked you or is there something you have always loved that you wouldn't want to see changed? Please let us know!

We will also likely expand our products into dog/cat/small mammal and maybe bird products. Many fish and reef enthusiasts seem to have other pets (and who can blame us?) so if there is anything specific you have been looking for, any brand or item you wouldn't mind having access to at Vet's Pets, feel free to drop us a line!

We appreciate all the ideas we have received from our customers in the past and look forward to more in the future! Thanks!

Vince
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Frag Tank would be cool

rodbuster229
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
More corals is what I would suggest. Fish wise it's my favorite place

h20poloman
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
If you carry dog food, my personal favorite is from a local company in Poway called My Perfect Pet --needs to be stored in a freezer just as an FYI but great stuff. Boomers blend is usually a favorite.

Inspirational story too about why the owner founded the company
http://www.myperfectpet.net/karens_bio.html

nanoreefbro
12-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd like to see more corals and dry goods and equipment.

sushibug
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I would like to see an online stocklist of what's new for the week... even though I'm there once or twice a week anyways!

Ars3nal619
12-12-2011, 01:19 PM
All the pvc fittings we all need to make our plumbing work. I hate going to homedepot and try to make things work....so I end up going to AW and get it done there.

Vets Pets
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Vince, Nanoreefbro and Rodbuster, we're going to be honoring the coral requests without a doubt. We should have double the space for inverts in the new building, and a saw is on the 'to-buy' list, so expect many a frag and many new, high-end corals.

Thanks H20poloman, that looks like a great brand to consider carrying! A lot of what we carry as far as non-fish and reptiles goes will be based on shelf/freezer space. That looks like an excellent choice if we wind up with room in the freezer!

Nanoreefbro, we should have a lot more room for dry goods and equipment, but a lot of why we didn't stock a ton of different equipment is because the higher end filters, skimmers and lighting fixtures were much cheaper to special order rather than stock. Hopefully we can broaden the spectrum of products we do currently carry, however. If there is room, I could definitely see more equipment actually being stocked as well.

Sushibug, that sounds like a fantastic idea! We were planning on doing this for live animals without a doubt. Would anyone actually be interested in seeing the dry goods we get in each week, though? I wouldn't think so, but if there is interest, we can definitely post it!

Ars3nal, that is a very good point. The reason we don't stock as many PVC fittings is because competing with Home Depot price-wise is difficult. Expect much better organization of the fittings we do have, and perhaps a wider variety/better stock altogether though! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas! Keep 'em coming! :]

Shells
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh no Vets Pets with more room for Fishies. I may need to get a side job.

It would be nice to pick up black worms, crickets, and dog food all at one spot. Ok maybe a fish or two while I am there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollywog
12-13-2011, 03:03 PM
A section for fresh macroalgae, such as gracilaria parvispora, for our finicky hervibores.

th1
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
As others have suggested, more room for corals, frags and inverts would be great.

Otherwise keep up the good work on being the best fish dealer in town!!

Tapio

goody
12-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm sad to say that I have not been to Vets Pets, mainly due to the far drive. I have heard nothing but great things about your store being the place to buy fish. Not sure if I missed it, but where is the new location going to be?

Vets Pets
12-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Haha Shells! Dangerous, right? Sounds like another +1 for the expansion into products for other animals!

Pollywog, that is an idea we haven't heard yet, and it's definitely a good one! If we have the space, that is something we will look into! If not, I'm sure we'll end up with a collection of macroalgae anyways! It has a way of growing out of nowhere. It would definitely be best if we had a specific refugium-like aquarium for that, though so we'll put it on 'The List.' :)

Th1, thanks for the kind words! Definitely going to have more room for the Inverts (including corals and frags) so we shouldn't disappoint on that front!

Goody, no worries! I'm glad everything that you have heard has been good and hopefully you find yourself in the area sometime soon to see for yourself! We'll be moving just across the street (Chase) from our current location. The new storefront will be next door to Vons, (1201 Avocado Blvd in El Cajon) I'll get the actual address of the new location for you tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for the great ideas and all the wonderful input!

Vets Pets
12-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Goody: The new location will be at 1175 Avocado Avenue, suite 109. :)

duecejt
12-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Across the street from where it is now. Need to carry ATI T5 bulbs. All the other store carry them you guys should too.