PDA

View Full Version : Diys

LOLOLOL
08-08-2011, 08:20 PM
What are some unique DIYs you've done to make your reef keeping easier? or have done for that wow factor from visitors?

I plan on using some sort of timed pulley system for my lighting, where it will be at the highest point of about 3 feet above the tank for morning and evening hours, and closest to the tank in the middle of its day time cycle.

erikgeee
08-08-2011, 08:52 PM
wow...that is the coolest **** i have ever heard of

H4Rk3R
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
that is a cool cool idea.

UCedumacasion
08-08-2011, 09:45 PM
I was thinking about doing something similar (with a track) but had no idea how to engineer it, I figured I would be able to do it for my dream tank, but I'd love to see your lighting if you do this.

Mario
08-08-2011, 10:38 PM
this will probably get smashed on but im planning a lightstand that is ato so it looks like its raining

LOLOLOL
08-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I was thinking about doing something similar (with a track) but had no idea how to engineer it, I figured I would be able to do it for my dream tank, but I'd love to see your lighting if you do this.

Will surely post it up on here when I complete the job, right now it is still on paper and on a search for parts

this will probably get smashed on but im planning a lightstand that is ato so it looks like its raining

Sounds like a neat idea, I think there is a video of something similar somewhere on sdreefs