PDA

View Full Version : For those who need fans in their canopy.

JohnnyAirtime
07-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I was doing some research on fans, and came across these;
http://www.amazon.com/Silenx-External-Channel-Cabinet-Cooling/dp/B001OVGXP0

It's a "kit", that sells the better most silent fans BUT also has a grill that you mount in your canopy to hide the fan and be somewhat pleasing to the eye.

All too often I pass on the buy of a tank setup due to the holes cut in the canopy, or some shady looking fan grill on the outside of the canopy. It just takes from the look of what the canopy was intended.

These grills, are clean and do their job well. As well, the fans are near silent. Can't beat that to cool your canopy!!

If you MUST install fans into your canopy (and can't hide the fan hole, or don't have a better resolution), I recommend this kit!!

jrod11
07-18-2011, 09:11 AM
I used these fans (different than this kit, i bought them individually at frys) on my LED fixture that I got from LarryM.

These fans make an UNREAL difference. Used to sound like a plane was taking off in my living room. Now I barely hear anything at all.

JohnnyAirtime
07-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I used these fans (different than this kit, i bought them individually at frys) on my LED fixture that I got from LarryM.

These fans make an UNREAL difference. Used to sound like a plane was taking off in my living room. Now I barely hear anything at all.

Very cool!
... and what's amazing, as they aren't the "quietest" on the market. There's other brands and manufacturers that are quieter than a SilenX. Sharkoon is one of them.

Good info to know however!! Thanks! But the kit is what I was referring to, since it has the 'somewhat' attractive grill that countersinks into a canopy.

Duke4130
07-18-2011, 09:20 AM
i have a clip on 2 blade fan for sale for 20 bucks

JohnnyAirtime
07-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Wrong thread Duke... We aren't selling fans here, and the fan your talking about has nothing to do with this thread. Try the for-sale section.