PDA

View Full Version : Og

reefhobby
04-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Im back into the hobby after 5 yrs. I have my old stand and canopy (My wife knew id need it someday) and outdated lights. I went to Og and ordered a new tank and bought a skimmer, t5 lights, and other stuff to start a tank up with a sump. I had a unaquarium before with removed bio balls and live rock and it was difficult to keep corals and water quality right. I want to do it better this time. I appricate Rons freindly service time explainting the sump system with me and answering, im sure, way to many questions. I know there are quite a few stores around but i wanted to start buying from where i was treated well before. Im new here but will post pics as soon as the tank stars getting set up in a couple weeks. Ive read quite a few posts here and you all seem like cool folks. Im always openminded to good advice.
Thanks in advance,
Ray

BajaReefs
04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
welcome... and you might want to check this out too...

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77442

afitzwater
04-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome! So no tank yet? just ordered it?

reefhobby
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Yea just ord 70 tall. 36" x 15-1/2" x 31-3/8" Thats what i want since I have a great standa and canopy, and although I have room for bigger tank this is the space that will not get me killed. Im still working on a better location. My wife will love it once set up im sure. Im sure none of you are married and can relate.
R

afitzwater
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
theres a ton of guys here that are married, fyi, im not that dumb

let me know if you need any help setting it up

reefhobby
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the offer man,
Ill let you know how it goes. Im just trying to get everything together to set up the tank up. Probably set it up in two weeks. I will need a few more things. Im trying to read a bunch of threads and get a good mental picture of what im up against.
Thanks again for the offer, ill let you know
R

jkennedy1007
04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Met many reef keepers in El Cajon and East County becuase of this site.

It Freaking rocks

Big thanks to every1 that hooked it up & got me started in hobbie

@reefhobby

Vet Pets is my favorite LPS in El Cajon to get the newest frags and inverts out of LA.:bounce:

PM if you every need any help or anything since im in the area in all

lates